Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes your experience is limited, not to be condescending but I have more than 10,000hrs. mining here in the western states, specialty Washington state and California, maybe you did not read my post properly, I stated I was digging into the bank, Not down but horizontally in, this is an ancient river bench not in the current river , there so much gold up there that the old-timers missed. A lesson for you, I found a top of boulder next to the river, it was perpendicular to the river, just a few inches above the ground was visible, as I dug down and it turned out to the most perfect riffle to collect gold , almost an ounce in 2 days, not bad for first time on that river. Some other advice, no one river is the same so never make assumptions on how to mine it.

ET1955, I really didn’t intend to direct that comment toward yourself. Just kind of ended up that way I guess because I hit the reply button. Respectfully - I don’t know you personally, so please keep those types of comments about my lack of experience to yourself. I don’t keep a log of my hours, but I’ll always be a greenhorn with something to learn.

However with that said, I’m not too proud to take advice - really. Regardless of the tone it is given in.
What a perfect situation, where the gold is laying on top of the boulder!

The gist of what I was saying is that it’s not uncommon to work away on getting a huge boulder out or getting down to bedrock...all the while....the thought of all the potential gold piled up underneath keeps you working towards your goal...only to find out when you get there, the small amount of gold you got out along the way was all there was. Probably more common than not (in my limited experience). I’m thinking this is a universal thing as far as mining goes.

Don’t get me wrong...I like large wash boulders. I’ve got piles of them laying around here and there.
They make great ground squirrel colonies.
The squirrels especially like the ones that are too large to fit in the backhoe bucket.
The top of those types of wash boulders is usually where they enjoy their last day in the sun.

Mine shaft...please do keep us updated. I’d enjoy seeing what your up to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread