My Land Maters changes

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been using and supporting MLM for at least 6 years but something has changed, zooming in is not accurate anymore, click on a place to enlarge , its close but you have to click again and again to center your area of choice, also the private property maps have changed from last year. My claim on the Klamath river near Happy Camp is surrounded by private property and the one road going to my claim is on private property and that has always been shown on the MLM maps of the past but now on MLM that road and the house on that private property shows it is now USFS land, Mystery ?, If it is USFS land now that means I can drive down to my claim instead of kayaking to it. Also I am using windows 10 high end gamming system, only 2 months old.

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing has changed on the Land Matters map Ed, I would know since I am the only one who can change the maps. The map layers are exactly the same, I just looked at your claim and the mapping is the same as when you located in 2014. It doesn't matter what computer system you are using Land Matters does all the mapping on the server not on your computer.

Use the "Land Manager" to see who controls the land. I see the road and house shown as private property on the north side of the bend with Karuk land to the south. Only the river area is Forest Service managed. The Topo layer also shows the same.

Instead of clicking to zoom in draw a box around the area you would like to see. It's a lot quicker and more accurate than the Google map method of clicking over and over to zoom in.

Heavy Pans

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My Land Matters gets nothing but the highest praise from me. Would encourage everyone to take a moment and make a small donation to these people. Accurate land mapping that you can trust is priceless in this business.

Thanks Clay to you and all the other folks that make this valuable tool available.

Chuck

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing has changed on the Land Matters map Ed, I would know since I am the only one who can change the maps. The map layers are exactly the same, I just looked at your claim and the mapping is the same as when you located in 2014. It doesn't matter what computer system you are using Land Matters does all the mapping on the server not on your computer.

Use the "Land Manager" to see who controls the land. I see the road and house shown as private property on the north side of the bend with Karuk land to the south. Only the river area is Forest Service managed. The Topo layer also shows the same.

Instead of clicking to zoom in draw a box around the area you would like to see. It's a lot quicker and more accurate than the Google map method of clicking over and over to zoom in.

Heavy Pans

Thanks Clay

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Clay I did as you said and focused around my claim and it still does not show or identify the private property above my claim, I just found a pic that I took using my tablet over a year ago of what I used to see on my computer screen of my claim using MLM. I will posts those you soon, Thanks

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is missing is the ability to Identifying the private property around my claim and click the Info button to learn who owns that property, that was always a nice feature but gone now. I tried all different combinations but still no Info on the private land around my claim but last year I did have access threw MLM on that. I did find a pic that I saved of what I used to see around my claim on MLM topo, that topo map is a lot different from what I see now, mystery.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is missing is the ability to Identifying the private property around my claim and click the Info button to learn who owns that property, that was always a nice feature but gone now. I tried all different combinations but still no Info on the private land around my claim but last year I did have access threw MLM on that. I did find a pic that I saved of what I used to see around my claim on MLM topo, that topo map is a lot different from what I see now, mystery.

I think you must have been using a different map for the private property owners Ed. Land Matters has never offered that feature.

The only maps I know of that might have that information are the Siskiyou County Assessor and onX GPS maps. Land Matters would like to offer that feature but the data is very expensive and we would need have a full time volunteer to maintain those maps. Essentially we would need quite a bit more than 10 times our current annual budget to present private land ownership for free to the public.

Heavy Pans

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Now that I can't / not able to do much anymore ,I would really like to be able to help out and do this BUT I'm not a putor guru and have a hard time getting my putor to do what I command it to do ,even though I don't know what it is I'm telling it to do!:BangHead: I wish I had the ability to do more BUT !!! You know this computor stuff is going to be OBSOLTET real soon and we are all going to go back to pencil & paper !:icon_scratch::dontknow::BangHead::tongue3:

Strebs

May 16, 2014
New Mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since we are talking about Mylandmatters. I'm looking at the Organ National Monument, Las Cruces NM. I believe it shows the wilderness map ending around the target range gap, near Bishop peak, south end of the Organ MTN range while using the Mylandmatters New Mexico land status map feature. But when looking at the BLM website it shows the wilderness boundary ending at the NM/ Texas line using his BLM website https://www.blm.gov/visit/omdp. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Strebs

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since we are talking about Mylandmatters. I'm looking at the Organ National Monument, Las Cruces NM. I believe it shows the wilderness map ending around the target range gap, near Bishop peak, south end of the Organ MTN range while using the Mylandmatters New Mexico land status map feature. But when looking at the BLM website it shows the wilderness boundary ending at the NM/ Texas line using his BLM website https://www.blm.gov/visit/omdp. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Strebs

I did look into this Strebs. The Land Matters wilderness mapping is up to date, there has been no change in the wilderness boundary. Upon further investigation it appears you are comparing two different maps showing different areas with similar names.

The BLM map you linked to shows the boundary of the Organ Mountains - Desert Peaks National Monument going almost to the border with Texas. That appears to be correct for the National Monument.

The Land Matters New Mexico Land Status map is displaying the Organ Mountains Wilderness which is farther to the north.

The boundaries of the National Monument and the Wilderness are different.

Hope that helps.

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you must have been using a different map for the private property owners Ed. Land Matters has never offered that feature.

The only maps I know of that might have that information are the Siskiyou County Assessor and onX GPS maps. Land Matters would like to offer that feature but the data is very expensive and we would need have a full time volunteer to maintain those maps. Essentially we would need quite a bit more than 10 times our current annual budget to present private land ownership for free to the public.

Heavy Pans

Thanks Clay, I check yesterday and had that same new map but as I checked today I saw what I used to see and had access to info that I was used to see, thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread