Gold Rush show filming near Winnemucca, NV recently?

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
last Fri. they showed that guy from dozer dave crew digging down there in the RP by Winnemucca.........???

OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heading to Rye Patch Wednesday.

Need to check on the happenings out there. Not to get famous that's for sure. I prefer the 1800's feel of the area.

Chuck

OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Clay. I feel like a protective hen. Just going to observe things and talk with the locals.

Chuck

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
last Fri. they showed that guy from dozer dave crew digging down there in the RP by Winnemucca.........???
I stopped watching ANYTHING referring to dozer dave and his digger guy because of their unworthiness and LACK of trust when not once BUT twice they discarded the claim owners direct directions to NOT dig in certain parts of the claim. They said it was "easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission " and the (knowingly) did it anyway and GOT KICKED OFF THE CLAIM. HOW STUPID OF THEM @!!!!!!!!!:BangHead: when they come on ,I switch to something else ! Just like ole toad H. and his father !!

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I think the footage last Fri. was re-run stuff. That bozo from DD crew with the glasses has a claim down there in RP (maybe next to yours...lol). They didn't do very well in MT. and I hope it's a sign they'll leave MT. Keep us posted on what you hear or find out down there.....

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard something today about Gold Rush filming near Winnemucca, NV. Anyone have some info on this?

Thanks!

Chuck

Your late.Watched that episode a few days ago,so it must a been filmed at least 6 mos. ago.

OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your late.Watched that episode a few days ago,so it must a been filmed at least 6 mos. ago.

You might be right. Curious why the filming crew is currently in the area.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped watching ANYTHING referring to dozer dave and his digger guy because of their unworthiness and LACK of trust when not once BUT twice they discarded the claim owners direct directions to NOT dig in certain parts of the claim. They said it was "easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission " and the (knowingly) did it anyway and GOT KICKED OFF THE CLAIM. HOW STUPID OF THEM @!!!!!!!!!:BangHead: when they come on ,I switch to something else ! Just like ole toad H. and his father !!

Don’t hold it against them. It was scripted and they were paid to say those things.
That would be like hating ol Boss Hog for arresting the duke boys constantly!

I’m telling you, there is only a situational truth to these shows..i.e. they are actually mining. EVERYTHING ELSE is scripted. All of it.

It’s fun if you can ignore that and watch the shows, but don’t let yourself believe much of any of it is real.

OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rye Patch is well-known but we rarely see anyone out there prospecting. We camp pretty deep in the hills on a regular basis looking for the shiny. You get some great views and can see if anyone is out there with you.

And that's the attraction of the area for us. To get away and have fun looking for the gold. Don't need some high-falutin' reality show out there mucking things up. You get back in them hills and you're back 100 years or more. Would like to keep it that way.

Chuck

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well some things you just can’t change unfortunately.
You can make sure they are following all the rules from the start though.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t hold it against them. It was scripted and they were paid to say those things.
That would be like hating ol Boss Hog for arresting the duke boys constantly!

I’m telling you, there is only a situational truth to these shows..i.e. they are actually mining. EVERYTHING ELSE is scripted. All of it.

It’s fun if you can ignore that and watch the shows, but don’t let yourself believe much of any of it is real.

actually mining....barely!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread