GOLD OVER 800 AN OZ !!!! THIS BOARD ISNT ON FIRE ?????

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
wow , gold at 30 year highs !! doesnt seem like anyone around here is truly excited about it.?? i know its after thanksgiving ,and probly too cold to be out doing much mining right now. so mabe that partially explains it??? i guess in the winter maybe one would switch over to nugget hunting. might be warm enuf in s arizona or somewhere. i also know that the gold hunting community is known for being close mouthed. now i spend most of my posts over in the crh board. and its not my intention to criticize. but cmon guys 30 year highs. certainly many are preparing for a big season next year. if gold stays high and the economy goes in the dumper.and there is a good possibility it might. thereare gonna be some extra newbies out there tryin to scrape up some grocery money. i know increased competition never seems welcome.but in the past it has helped me get up and get out there ,and i ended up finding more not less. thus said im only a wanna be gold hunter. my experiace is only at pay to pan places in n carolina and n ga. due to elderly relatives who i promised not to move away from i am stuck in central illinois. how i envy those of u w access to gold prod areas. i am semi retired.but only travel in the winter is there anywhere in the usa that on can gold hunt comfortably in jan and feb.???

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep!!I have done that myself!!It doesnt take much mercury on one peice and it spreads!!!I split my finds with the land owners and I always end up with the mercury coverd stuff!!I use nitric acid to remove it but I dont like the color it turns the gold.Oh well not much one can do about that!!It is also amazing all the flour gold you end up with after removing the Merc!!!just shows ya how much gold you lose no matter what!(Short of mercing your riffles but that is unthinkable!)Moving the sized rocks it seems you are moving you should be in some really good gold

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
I only gained access to this site 3 mo. ago. I haven't been able to dredge yet, to many salmon eggs. I'll dig in this spring. I do know some of the history of this creek, there was a hydraulic mine 1 mi. above, so explains the liq.gold. I will share the dredging results. The owner said he found a gold coin on the creek. I'll try to get a pic next time I see him.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds awesome and interesting!!!What size dredge are you running??

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
kuger said:
That sounds awesome and interesting!!!What size dredge are you running??
Mine is an old 3'' keene I haven't used in years. I did get it fired up the other day, dug out my old wet suite( I hope it still fits ) Now I need a permit and i'll be ready for spring.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 3" is a good size if you dredge byyourself like me.I run a 4" but it can be a bear getting into some spots.Do you have air on yours?I highly recommend it if you dont!

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
I dug this out of my barn. I havn't seen it in years, and with teenagers around, I'm surprised it wasn't turned into a gocart or something. It will test my mech. skills to get it running.

Attachments

• hooka 003.jpg
    hooka 003.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 506

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats an old work horse!I just sold an exact air pump to that,I knew I would regret it but it was a spare and I needed X-mas money,I would like to get a 263 compressor so I can have a rock chucker down with me!Make sure you go through that compressor and check the diaphragm and reeds,you dont want it to fail or give you bad air.And I am sure you know dont oil it.

bigfish31

Jan 4, 2007
North of Sacramento,Ca.
Detector(s) used
dfx
I always wondered if you could put multiple carbon filters on a regular compressor and use it for breathing and tools. I'm a pro. painting contractor, so I've used a lot of respirators and thought that if I filtered the crap out of the compressed air it just might work. of course they would need to be changed often.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an off brand compressor one time and was going to try to use it for hookah,but was advised against it because of the oil used in them and is it worth breathing bad air??Its your lungs your talking about.Many compressors and air hoses actually say not for breathing.I didnt clean out my air lines and expansion chamber one year,I got a really bad infection basically phnemonia,not fun.I run water diluted bleach through them now either at the end of the season or at the beginning

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You probably know more about it than me just my 2 cents! :)

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
kuger said:
Just my 2 cents but I have tried that E-Bay rout selling my dredge concentrates(I dredge 4-8 ounces a season)guaranteed at least a gram,and it did not "Pan"out so to speak.I was told my dirt was too full of black sand and hematite,too hard to pan!!!I told them send the gold you found back and I would refund the money,all I got back was the gram I had salted with!!I know for a fact the stuff was throwing 2-3 grams itself!!!It would have been great if it would have worked out,I am sick of panning concentrates all winter,But they are rich!!!
do u have a blu bowl ?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do,I also have two wheels(spiral)but when you are dealing with the amount of cons I am it is very time consuming to sit by,panning in a tub,monitoring the water current in the bowl,and feeding the wheel.Part of the deal....I just wanted somebody that doesnt have the opportunity to find some gold. :wink:

goldpype

Jul 10, 2008
kuger said:
I have my fifty five gallon drum of concentrates about half down.I use two spiral panners along with panning but you have to really classify down to put it through the spiral.

Hi, Kuger !
I just happened across your post (about your concentrate volume) and I thought "He might be interested in my 'Goldpype' separator...I know it would beat his spiral wheels and blue bowls (slow)!" .
Give me a shout at [ goldpype at yahoo dot com ] and we'll talk. -Ted Hart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions