Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Moss over V mat is the way to go. Don't get suckered into the goofy designer mats, waste of money.
You have to get the V mat at a prospecting store or online. The stuff they sell at Home Depot is too shallow.
No further upgrade is necessary...shovel on

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moss over V mat is the way to go. Don't get suckered into the goofy designer mats, waste of money.
You have to get the V mat at a prospecting store or online. The stuff they sell at Home Depot is too shallow.
Ok thank you. Your answer was helpful. Im going to hit a prospecter store tuesday and get a keene hand pump and mat.

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think i would even need the moss if the mat was in there under the ridged metal and grate? Im not sure i would be able to secure the metals. Its already to tight with the moss and metal.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do you think i would even need the moss if the mat was in there under the ridged metal and grate? Im not sure i would be able to secure the metals. Its already to tight with the moss and metal.

The moss has no backing and fine gold will work its way through and eventually wash out the bottom. V mat under the moss will catch that.
The carpets also work well and come with backing but they are harder to clean out

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking to just put the rubber mat under the riffles.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Not sure how your sluice is set up but if you can lose the expanded metal, that will free up room for the moss and mat, expanded doesn't help much anyway
You may have to re-drill the holes and raise the riffles a bit

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the keene a51 with the high low mat. Its a pain to hike in a few miles and set up solo bit its a lot better than my last one

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread