Prospecting trip in North Carolina suggestions.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wwonka41

Thread: Prospecting trip in North Carolina suggestions.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Just a survivor

Sep 2012
    Wilmington, NC
    Had a Whites Spectrum. Loved it but had to sell it.
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Prospecting trip in North Carolina suggestions.

Although currently I stay in Wilmington, I know just a few hours away has great potential for color. My two boys have been watching all of the Uwharrie prospecting videos and a few anonymous(lol) locations in NC. The YouTube videos give the reality of all that work to get so little return. My boys just want to find their first honest to goodness real color.I know there are pay sites but we all want the real deal. No salted or enriched. We find or we dont find, but me prospect. There are potential placer deposits everywhere around Charlotte, but what areas is it acceptable? Thanks for reading.

Mike
    arizau likes this.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
    3311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wwonka41 View Post
    Although currently I stay in Wilmington, I know just a few hours away has great potential for color. My two boys have been watching all of the Uwharrie prospecting videos and a few anonymous(lol) locations in NC. The YouTube videos give the reality of all that work to get so little return. My boys just want to find their first honest to goodness real color.I know there are pay sites but we all want the real deal. No salted or enriched. We find or we dont find, but me prospect. There are potential placer deposits everywhere around Charlotte, but what areas is it acceptable? Thanks for reading.

Mike
    I'm on the west coast but there has to be some nice public areas to pan out there. Someone will chime in. You can always check or join the GPAA. I figured where to go from Google search.. but you have to be persistent, always
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    3356 times
    Prospecting
    Check for prospecting clubs in your area. They can fill you in on where to try etc.That said....I don't know your state or your laws (probably mainly applies for public land only?) but my guess is that random potential areas* there in N.C. are on private land. I know of some Southeast U.S. posters on this forum who have asked for permission from land owners to do a little prospecting or in some cases, relic hunting.

Good luck and have fun with your boys.

* Downhill and or downstream from known gold areas.
    Last edited by arizau; Mar 30, 2021 at 10:30 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

RTR
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    19340 times
    The Gold vein runs the entire length of NC....From N.to S....Mines listed are in Howie,Brewer,Haile,Ridgeway,Barite Hill

us
    Priv8ear

Aug 2018
    Shenandoah Valley Va
    WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
    3547 times
    In Buncombe county East End of Asheville City Limits. Alluvial deposits along the Swananoa River. Be sure to know the boundaries of the National Park. The main vein is across the river
    on the Billy Graham rehab center. Unfortunately, even if you could get a permit, there's un-exploded dynamite thereabouts. Don't go in the creek bare legged, knee waders are a must as
    there are garnet mines up river and the garnet particles will rub your legs raw. I know this sounds a little "Indiana Jones" but my wife's family played a pivotal roll in the taming of that
    area, and I've seen the proof. Also look for culverts that run under I-40 and the Blue Ridge Parkway to dump into the Swananoa. A corrugated culvert pipe is a natural sluice box. Recover
    the silt from the grooves in the pipe and pan them carefully. If you find gold it will be very small particles so watch the pan carefully. Best wishes.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links