i hate this dam vacuum
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: i hate this dam vacuum

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2011
    tujunga ca
    xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
    1778 times

i hate this dam vacuum

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210401_103308.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	339.1 KB 
ID:	1914875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_20210401_103314.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	599.7 KB 
ID:	1914876i know ive brought this up before,but everytime i use it it reminds me how much it hate it,if you use pump gas and 2 stoke oil, the gas kills all the rubber parts.so i buy tru fuel at 7 dollars a qt.it works ok.the only part of of this vacuum that does not suck ,is the part that is suppose to suck.why do they use a corragated hose,great place to cause a jam. ok now i feel better so would a smaller smooth bore hose work better.i know it wont be as flexble ,but my kinks anyway. any ideas to make this dam thing do it job better,i hate leaving dirt in the bottom of my holes or in cracks after dry washing.
    thanks guys the weather is great in the mojave desert, get out there
    brad
    Last edited by 1637; Apr 01, 2021 at 02:28 PM.
    Fat, billb and Goodyguy like this.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    3356 times
    Prospecting
    Maybe a section of lay flat hose? Probably subject to kinking though thus the reason for flex hose.
    Last edited by arizau; Apr 01, 2021 at 03:12 PM.
    1637, Fat and billb like this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5284 times
    I tried the Tru-fuel UNTILL I got the idea to goggle for gas that DON'T have the Ethanol in it . there was only 1 somewhat close to me that sold it at the premium fuel price . CONSIDEABLY CHEAPER than the Tru-fuel !!! Now that this fuel info has gotten around the price has gone up to I think around $7.00 or so a gallon ! Far cheaper by a long shot and it claims it'll last for 2 years and NOT go bad ! I put it in all my equipment that doesn't got used a lot. Now I just leave them empty untill I need to use it. PLUS I turn off the fuel and run them dry and don't add any fuel to them ! It works for me! Your cheap 2 inch ribbed plastic hose needs to be replaced with a better grade of hose that is more durable. you need to contact or goggle where it is ava. close to you ! I did this for my leaf vacuum and got a 20 foot piece cheaper than a stock hose for my vac.
    1637, billb, Fat and 2 others like this.

Fat
    us
    Mr. finishup all the leftovers

Oct 2020
    Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
    I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
    4015 times
    Dark skinned women digging there toes in white sugar sand beaches
    I like VPracing fuel for premix. High octane and 10 year shelf life.
    I just put whatever I’m using on the wall, in the fall, full or empty, Come spring 2-3 pulls and everything starts up like it hasn’t sit dormant all winter. It about half the price your talking about.
    billb likes this.

us
    May 2011
    tujunga ca
    1778 times
    thanks what is ava ?
    Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    Maybe a section of lay flat hose? Probably subject to kinking though thus the reason for flex hose.

us
    May 2011
    tujunga ca
    1778 times
    what is ava
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    I tried the Tru-fuel UNTILL I got the idea to goggle for gas that DON'T have the Ethanol in it . there was only 1 somewhat close to me that sold it at the premium fuel price . CONSIDEABLY CHEAPER than the Tru-fuel !!! Now that this fuel info has gotten around the price has gone up to I think around $7.00 or so a gallon ! Far cheaper by a long shot and it claims it'll last for 2 years and NOT go bad ! I put it in all my equipment that doesn't got used a lot. Now I just leave them empty untill I need to use it. PLUS I turn off the fuel and run them dry and don't add any fuel to them ! It works for me! Your cheap 2 inch ribbed plastic hose needs to be replaced with a better grade of hose that is more durable. you need to contact or goggle where it is ava. close to you ! I did this for my leaf vacuum and got a 20 foot piece cheaper than a stock hose for my vac.

Aug 2015
    Northeastern Sierra's
    1520 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by 1637 View Post
    what is ava
    Availability. Look for a local industrial hose or rubber dealer. They likely have Delta Rubber or Cal Hose in SoCal.
    1637 likes this.

us
    Priv8ear

Aug 2018
    Shenandoah Valley Va
    WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
    3547 times
    Farm supply stores often have alcohol free gasoline.
    russau likes this.
    Phil

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3888 times
    Have you tried to find ethanol-free fuel by using the site:

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Often, rural areas or places with lots of boating (oops, not the desert...) have a pump for ethanol-free. Around me in MD, it sells for about a 10-15% premium depending on grade, over the ethanol garbage. I use it in all my small 2-strokes, outboards, and my tractor.
    1637, russau, Fat and 1 others like this.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master, Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 A-52s 2186 Wheaties
    2712 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    If what you are using is in the pic, then that small crack nozzel is the issue. It is restricting air flow and material is building up in the hose. If you need to use it in cracks, pull it off ocassionaly to give your machine a breather.

Now that your post has moved to gasoline, stop using non ethanol gas. It is premium high octane. Your little engine is not designed for it. I use regular in all my small engines. Suction dredge, chain saw, lawn mower, etc. Come Summer all of these start with one or two pulls.

Name:	Lucas.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	833.7 KB 
ID:	1915045 This is what I use. It counteracts the ethanol and is a preservitve.
    1637 likes this.

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3888 times
    Actually, ethanol-free gas is available in some areas in more octane grades, including aviation fuel and racing gas, than the ethanol garbage. I have a choice of 87 ethanol free or 90 ethanol free gas at the two stations that sell it. I can test it to make sure it is ethanol free, but I can't test for octane.
    No gold in NY, 1637 and Fat like this.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5284 times
    thanks what is ava ?
    AVA. is the abbreviation for available .
    1637 and Fat like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table, etc.
    6410 times
    I know ive brought this up before,but everytime i use it it reminds me how much it hate it,if you use pump gas and 2 stoke oil, the gas kills all the rubber parts.so i buy tru fuel at 7 dollars a qt.it works ok.the only part of of this vacuum that does not suck ,is the part that is suppose to suck.why do they use a corragated hose,great place to cause a jam. ok now i feel better so would a smaller smooth bore hose work better.i know it wont be as flexble ,but my kinks anyway. any ideas to make this dam thing do it job better,i hate leaving dirt in the bottom of my holes or in cracks after dry washing.
    thanks guys the weather is great in the mojave desert, get out there
    brad
    You are right about the weather, 92 degrees in Wickenburg AZ
    I'm heading down to Wickenburg this Saturday for a club dig with the Mohave Co. Prospectors Association. aka MPA.

Smooth bore hose would reduce the internal friction which would boost the suction but reinforced smooth bore suction hose is not cheap or as flexible and will not come with vacuum fittings.

Lay flat would definitely not work as a suction hose. It's obvious from the photo that you could use a new hose, I would not reduce the size though.

I buy pre mix 2 cycle non ethanol fuel in 2L cans at Wal-Mart. Convenient to store and transport without fumes.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Apr 03, 2021 at 09:24 AM.
    1637 likes this.

us
    May 2011
    tujunga ca
    1778 times
    i think we have a winner.its funny that pressure likes to be necked down.but vacuum is reversed. thanks for pointing that out,i wiil made or buy a bigger nozzel.and a smooth bore hose of the same size.and test it next week.
    thanks again for all the feed back guys. brad
    Quote Originally Posted by No gold in NY View Post
    If what you are using is in the pic, then that small crack nozzel is the issue. It is restricting air flow and material is building up in the hose. If you need to use it in cracks, pull it off ocassionaly to give your machine a breather.

Now that your post has moved to gasoline, stop using non ethanol gas. It is premium high octane. Your little engine is not designed for it. I use regular in all my small engines. Suction dredge, chain saw, lawn mower, etc. Come Summer all of these start with one or two pulls.

Name:	Lucas.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	833.7 KB 
ID:	1915045 This is what I use. It counteracts the ethanol and is a preservitve.
    Fat likes this.

us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master, Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 A-52s 2186 Wheaties
    2712 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    I would say...keep your old hose and work with the nozzel. You will be unhappy with smooth bore.
    1637 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links