Do you mine that last place

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is hard to come to this point, I have over 10000 hrs. mining this river, I have climbed up and down the canyons , kayaked where no one could get too and mined, from the head waters to the mouth I have mined but I saved a few places , to finish those last places would end the dream I had mining this river ,although the dream still continues for the over 2 pound's of gold I found on this river allowed me to buy 3 great claims in N.California, My dilemma should I finish off those last places or leave them for future generations to find ? I will add this river was the richest river in western Washington but since there is 2 dams on it now and they will never let it flood again since 1995. Sad

Upvote 0
OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sadly this river will never flood again, the 1995 flood was the last time it flooded, the Snohomish PUD has 2 dams on the river and now they control the river levels doing controlled releases from the dam. The effect of this has had an adverse effect on the river, it has become silt ridden.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never say never. Even a really really bad rain storm can loosen soil and deposit it in the river. I have a creek at my house, and every time it gets a hard, hard rain, the gold moves around.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm thinking you will never be at ease until you finish the awesome amount of work you have already done. Maybe plan it out so the most difficult site is mined before you get to old. Good job!

SchoolOfHardRocks

Apr 30, 2014
Gone, With the Wind
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I know the river that you are referring to, and man that gold was pretty that you pulled from it. I say you leave a little behind in Washington, I assume they were either the harder areas to get to, or that you thought would have less gold (maybe why you haven't hit those areas yet :dontknow:). Plus - I can meet you out at your NorCal claims and we can get some Cali-gold together! Best wishes Ed!

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I know the river that you are referring to, and man that gold was pretty that you pulled from it. I say you leave a little behind in Washington, I assume they were either the harder areas to get to, or that you thought would have less gold (maybe why you haven't hit those areas yet :dontknow:). Plus - I can meet you out at your NorCal claims and we can get some Cali-gold together! Best wishes Ed!

Thanks SHR, it would be great to meet up again. Going Saturday, it is the first day of fishing and I am going to test a high bench I discovered about 20 years ago on this river and OwenT if you read this I am going up river from where I took you, if you look on Land Matters you will see an area that is state land, that is where I will be and as you know most area is illegal to mine. Now I have to sharpen up the machete , the area is so over grown , wish me luck, Ed

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My thoughts are.........

Dig it or Lose it.

The next generations aren't looking for nor are they wanting to work for our leftover gold,....
They want instant money from being a video poster and not holding a real world working job.....and Lord forbid they use a shovel or pick :dontknow:

Last edited:

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck! I am sad I still haven’t had the opportunity to spend a lot of time up there yet but I will have to give it a good try someday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread