Kjb1207

Greenie
May 25, 2021
Ruidoso, new mexico
Detector(s) used
RM ricomax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So a month or two ago my boyfriend and I went camping and the area we went to has old gold mines and copper mines close by . We camped next to the creek ,or stream now , and my son watches gold rush on discovery channel alot and thought he could find gold there in the water. Well sure enough there was alot of flakes and some little rocks and a few quarts rocks around. Well now to help my son I am picking these little flakes from the sand and dirt. Is there a easier way to get this done without looking like a crazy lady with tweezers in a pan of dirt? I have collected about an ounce or more already and have it in a vial with acid to prove its gold. But I know nothing of this kind of thing and am willing to learn and try anything new to help my son.please can someone guide me in the right direction cause I only know what is on TV or youtube.

Upvote 0

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Not gold, your pics show that, in light or in the dark gold stays brilliant, no need to use acid unless you have mercury on your gold, even in those dark pics the gold should look like this 20150518_151527a.jpg 20150518_151527a.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread