Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first few seconds looked interesting. But what would it cost to mine it,a Billion ? :)

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think any planet in our solar system has the tectonic foundation to produce that much GOOD STUFF

The photos in the video certainy show gold colored material, but as we know...all the glitters isn't necessarily gold

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry, interesting... didn't realize that had music on Mars too!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold has been detected on Mars, but so far only in trace amounts. There's no reason why it couldn't be more abundant and in extractable quantities as a result of ancient volcanic activity, but that isn't what the Perseverance pictures show. Perseverance has imaged a number of gold-coloured deposits as seams and nuggets but none have proved to be gold. The nuggets were generally hematite-rich nodules and the seams were generally carbonate minerals or calcium sulphate, taking on a golden hue as a result of lighting conditions and optical phenomena.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
DARN !!!!!! I just put a round trip flight and it is non-refundable ! Looks like I'll need to go back to work somewhere! Anybody need a F.O.G. that needs lots of breaks and likes to jabber and make lots of posts on the net!:occasion14:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i dont think there is any roundtrips coming soon,only one way, take extra batt. good luck brad
DARN !!!!!! I just put a round trip flight and it is non-refundable ! Looks like I'll need to go back to work somewhere! Anybody need a F.O.G. that needs lots of breaks and likes to jabber and make lots of posts on the net!:occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need to send a Dozen of those Boston Dynamics Robots to mars with Pics & Shovels.
but No Motown'Music ! don't need the destartion

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't think any planet in our solar system has the tectonic
foundation to produce that much GOOD STUFF

Heavy elements like gold, osmium, palladium, etc. are not produced
by plate tectonic's.

The prevailing theory was that gold was produced in supernova's, but
there's some newer research that shows that the heaviest elements have
only been forged during the collision of two neutron stars. When neutron
stars collide it's about the most powerful, violent and explosive event in the universe.

Here is an outstanding article that explains it all, and in understandable language.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/did-...-forge-the-universes-supply-of-gold-20170323/

That wonderful yellow metal we dig out of the ground traveled a long,
long ways to get here. :occasion14:

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great an all...

But what about Rum ? ? ?

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is not as interesting as the alien skeleton they found on Mars and neither are real

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mining outside of the Earths atmosphere is a stupid idea, period !!!!! I had the space travel dream back in the late 1960's but we know so much more now about the dangers of it. Nasa is predicting the sun will be very active in the very near future and means death to any astronauts traveling to mars, one way trip it will be.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If women are from venus....then there will be gold diggers on Mars in no time....I'd be trying to recover the 8 or so pounds we know are on the moon....left there by us on our rover !!

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'd make more sense mining the asteroids for gold since there's less volume to have to dig up, massive metal bearing asteroids believed to be part of the core of an old planet have already been detected. Most of the heavy metals on planets sank deep underground, yet are easily accessible as asteroids. NASA is planning on sending a probe next year to explore it.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/asteroids-comets-and-meteors/asteroids/16-psyche/in-depth/

Last edited:

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff,

If robots could actually move like this then a whole lot of folks are going to be out of work sometime in the not too distant future. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread