Another Gold Prospecting Story

Doug6388

Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2021
Vancouver BC Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago, I visited Yellowknife, NWT and was taken out by my BIL in his plane.
My BIL started with one plane and expanded up to 5 planes and had a very profitable Staking and Exploration business. He was hired by mining companies to drop his native indigenous employees on a plot of dirt and these natives could walk a straight line for days and pound a numbered stake in the ground determined by steps then turn 90 degrees and walk so many more steps and pound in another stake. Every once in a while my BIL would pick up a prospector on a lake, fly him into the Yellowknife assay office, where he would sell his sluiced gold, bank it and be flown out to be dropped off at the lake with a promise to return in 6 months. When the prospector died, the bank disclosed he had $14 Million in his account from gold sales over 10 years. He had never registered a claim and my BIL was the only person who knew where he picked him up and dropped him off. My Brother In Law has been threatened and his family threatened to give up the location of the lake and he never disclosed the lake or returned to look around. The mystery continues from the 1970's.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread