newby @ dredging

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya you better get a good suit,but first you better get a permit and read the regulations,there is alot of different laws but in my area you can dredge year round west of Hwy.49,with permission(private property)Good luck

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jlientz said:
I just got my 4" dredge and I can't wait to try it out.

I am in need of an inexpensive dredge, 4" sounds about the right size. where is a good place to shop for a dredge?

OBD

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E-Bay or any gold prospecting forum that supports a classified section,right now might be tough though with all the people thinking they will run out and buy a dredge and get rich!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
craigslist and the numerous mining net sites. Come january,in the nasty winter,prices are WAY down,closer to mid march,everyone is usually dumping to try and pay taxes or save their home-Tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
J

jlientz

Tenderfoot
Dec 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE, Gold Bug 2
I was hoping for specific areas I could dredge ( like a public campground close to a river). I'm just trying to find a place to try out the dredge, not specifically to strike it rich. I joined a local prospecting club, but all their claims are restricted from dredging until the end of May. ( class C )
I'm aware of the need for a dredge permit, wet suit, etc needed for dredging. I just need some basic "where to" suggestions for where I can get my dredge wet, literally speaking ;).

Thanks again for your help and suggestions !!

~Jesse

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Jesse, those guys in your local club are still the best place for you to get that information.

All dredges work!

Hauling a machine somewhere, setup, and a little bit of time spent in REALLY cold water would probably not be worth it.

A good idea would be to spend this time getting all the necessary gear together for your kit so you will be fully prepared when the season breaks open.

A weekend trip to some place that is open might cost you the price of a wetsuit.
Just buy the wetsuit!

R M P T R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions