Computer problems keep coming !

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I've been off line for sometime now , This has happened before and I cant get logged on to Microsoft /yahoo or anything... My wife finally got logged on BUT she had to pay to get it done BUT I still can't get on without using her access . My wife has called everyone she could think of to NO avail for my access. So it may be sometime before I can get back on with some reasonability ! Hope everyone has a fine 4th of July and stay safe !:BangHead:

Upvote 0

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been off line for sometime now , This has happened before and I cant get logged on to Microsoft /yahoo or anything... My wife finally got logged on BUT she had to pay to get it done BUT I still can't get on without using her access . My wife has called everyone she could think of to NO avail for my access. So it may be sometime before I can get back on with some reasonability ! Hope everyone has a fine 4th of July and stay safe !:BangHead:

Sounds like you have been scammed, Your wife should never have to pay to get back on line unless she is not paying for the service. Check your start up files for something recently added to your system, most likely the culprit. Best wishes

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
We've got Norton for our security and It looks to me as though something slipped by it. Computer's are my waterloo !:BangHead: And as the older I get the harder it is for me to NOT WANT TO BEAT THESE PUTORS TO LITTLE BITS ! BUT Alas !! My wife to the rescue .....I'd almost prefer to go back to pencil and paper !:icon_scratch: I hope everyone had a great 4th of July celebration !:hello2: Does anyone know how to read smoke signals ?? I'm good at starting fire's :tongue3:

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been using Norton Anti-Virus for decades. Update it monthly. I suggest that you get rid of your internet temp files, they slow your machine down and give poachers a gateway to your PC.

Get vaccinated or computer viruses will be the least of you problems.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
I delete all cookies and temp files as soon as I go offline. Virus scans at least twice daily. Update antivirus weekly. To some it may seem overkill. So be it. Time for more coffee.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
As a former computer security expert, I can tell you that Norton antivirus is one of if not the top exploited applications on the web.
Virii are written specifically for Norton.

It is very sophisticated now and almost always State sponsored.

rizarefaldi

Jul 27, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a former computer security expert, I can tell you that Norton antivirus is one of if not the top exploited applications on the web.
Virii are written specifically for Norton cara install windows 10

It is very sophisticated now and almost always State sponsored.
is it right? well, as programmer i also recommend to use default microsoft antivirus with updated database. Third party antimalware just slow the computer with their realtime scan background activity.

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
It's working for now BUT my .40 cal. Glock is close by if it gives me any more trouble ! I'll say goodbye in advance for now incase this keeps bothering me! :occasion14::laughing7:

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New computers are cheap, if you're using one that runs Windows; BestBuy has refurbished towers for under $120. As for antivirus, we run BitDefender on all of our Macs...and they have a programs for Windows, I think, as well.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my desktop still runs Vista, but I now do most if not all of my internet stuff on my Ipad,
many of the newer bill pay sites wont work with my desktop, they wont give me certain options, or just say I need a new browser.
So now I love my iPad and if I need a file I can email it to myself. I've learned to live with the limitations of IOS vs. windows desktop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread