Computer problems keep coming !
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree16Likes
  • 5 Post By russau
  • 2 Post By et1955
  • 1 Post By russau
  • 1 Post By ncclaymaker
  • 1 Post By galenrog
  • 2 Post By BC1969
  • 1 Post By rizarefaldi
  • 2 Post By russau
  • 1 Post By winners58

Thread: Computer problems keep coming !

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5590 times

Computer problems keep coming !

I've been off line for sometime now , This has happened before and I cant get logged on to Microsoft /yahoo or anything... My wife finally got logged on BUT she had to pay to get it done BUT I still can't get on without using her access . My wife has called everyone she could think of to NO avail for my access. So it may be sometime before I can get back on with some reasonability ! Hope everyone has a fine 4th of July and stay safe !

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4968 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I also have problems wit my computer, good luck.

us
    Ed Tracy

Jan 2015
    Shoreline,wa
    Equinox 800
    1409 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    I've been off line for sometime now , This has happened before and I cant get logged on to Microsoft /yahoo or anything... My wife finally got logged on BUT she had to pay to get it done BUT I still can't get on without using her access . My wife has called everyone she could think of to NO avail for my access. So it may be sometime before I can get back on with some reasonability ! Hope everyone has a fine 4th of July and stay safe !
    Sounds like you have been scammed, Your wife should never have to pay to get back on line unless she is not paying for the service. Check your start up files for something recently added to your system, most likely the culprit. Best wishes
    Clay Diggins and russau like this.

us

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5590 times
    We've got Norton for our security and It looks to me as though something slipped by it. Computer's are my waterloo ! And as the older I get the harder it is for me to NOT WANT TO BEAT THESE PUTORS TO LITTLE BITS ! BUT Alas !! My wife to the rescue .....I'd almost prefer to go back to pencil and paper ! I hope everyone had a great 4th of July celebration ! Does anyone know how to read smoke signals ?? I'm good at starting fire's
    et1955 likes this.

us
    gravelSucker

Aug 2011
    NY, AZ & NV. Becoming "houseless"
    Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
    297 times
    Prospecting
    I've been using Norton Anti-Virus for decades. Update it monthly. I suggest that you get rid of your internet temp files, they slow your machine down and give poachers a gateway to your PC.

Get vaccinated or computer viruses will be the least of you problems.
    et1955 likes this.
    The view is always better with 500 feet of air under your buttocks.

BS usually can go around the world ten times... before truth even gets on its' shoes.

Feb 2006
    1935 times
    I delete all cookies and temp files as soon as I go offline. Virus scans at least twice daily. Update antivirus weekly. To some it may seem overkill. So be it. Time for more coffee.
    ncclaymaker likes this.

us
    Sep 2013
    Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
    10462 times
    As a former computer security expert, I can tell you that Norton antivirus is one of if not the top exploited applications on the web.
    Virii are written specifically for Norton.

It is very sophisticated now and almost always State sponsored.
    Clay Diggins and CreakyDigger like this.

Jul 2021
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1969 View Post
    As a former computer security expert, I can tell you that Norton antivirus is one of if not the top exploited applications on the web.
    Virii are written specifically for Norton cara install windows 10

It is very sophisticated now and almost always State sponsored.
    is it right? well, as programmer i also recommend to use default microsoft antivirus with updated database. Third party antimalware just slow the computer with their realtime scan background activity.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5590 times
    It's working for now BUT my .40 cal. Glock is close by if it gives me any more trouble ! I'll say goodbye in advance for now incase this keeps bothering me!
    Clay Diggins and N-Lionberger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2019
    Binghamton NY
    White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
    2055 times
    Metal Detecting
    New computers are cheap, if you're using one that runs Windows; BestBuy has refurbished towers for under $120. As for antivirus, we run BitDefender on all of our Macs...and they have a programs for Windows, I think, as well.
    Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. Matthew 13.

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3988 times
    my desktop still runs Vista, but I now do most if not all of my internet stuff on my Ipad,
    many of the newer bill pay sites wont work with my desktop, they wont give me certain options, or just say I need a new browser.
    So now I love my iPad and if I need a file I can email it to myself. I've learned to live with the limitations of IOS vs. windows desktop
    russau likes this.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

Sponsored Links