Mineral Bar and Pennyweight Trail Prospecting Adventure and My Personal Best Nugget!!

The_fishingfool

Greenie
Jan 13, 2021
USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 3300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That elusive gold didn't fool you...urr your detector. Nice nugget.
Noticed it appeared you were feeding sluice below the flare. Best to feed onto the flare as it acts as a slick plate prior to the riffles for some preclassification of your feed.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

The_fishingfool

Greenie
Jan 13, 2021
USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 3300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That elusive gold didn't fool you...urr your detector. Nice nugget.
Noticed it appeared you were feeding sluice below the flare. Best to feed onto the flare as it acts as a slick plate prior to the riffles for some preclassification of your feed.

Good luck.

Thanks for the pointer. I will start doing that.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What detector are you using, never have I seen a coil like the one you are using, also don't dry classify, always classify in water and wash your rocks. As Arizau pointed out your sluicing skills are terrible, your analyses of the red colored rocks was wrong, they are rocks iron stained from being near bedrock in the bank up river washed out by flooding as your video showed. You missed the most important indicator of where the gold was, I saw it and only threw many years on mining will you see what I saw. Best Wishes

OP
OP
T

The_fishingfool

Greenie
Jan 13, 2021
USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 3300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What detector are you using, never have I seen a coil like the one you are using, also don't dry classify, always classify in water and wash your rocks. As Arizau pointed out your sluicing skills are terrible, your analyses of the red colored rocks was wrong, they are rocks iron stained from being near bedrock in the bank up river washed out by flooding as your video showed. You missed the most important indicator of where the gold was, I saw it and only threw many years on mining will you see what I saw. Best Wishes

Hey, thanks for the feedback on the rocks. I knew something was going on with that line of different colored rocks. I did walk all of the rocks in the classifier down and rinse them into a pan I just didn't show it. I don't mind being wrong about stuff that is how I learn! My knowledge comes from the handful of trips with my Dad when I was younger (sadly I never paid attention to his stories as closely as I should have) and a few videos I've watched. The Metal detector is a BountyHunter 3300 I found a 4 in coil and cover on amazon. I did an air test with a 1/4 gram nugget I found and it beeps at 4 inches. The detector did not work well in the beach sand when I took it to Fort Brag area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread