Sluicing or high banking in the desert without a dry washer - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Sluicing or high banking in the desert without a dry washer

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5590 times
    Please keep in mind that even greenies / government people / and environmentalist review this site as well as other mining / prospecting site's and get ammo for the court's and just love to stire up stuff. PLZ DONT FEED THE WACO'S !!!
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 19, 2021 at 09:57 AM. Reason: removed political comments. no politics

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    41639 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sorry, I don't like to do it but a couple members are on timeouts for politics after being warned and ignoring warning about politics.

If members want to post politics then join as charter member and post on our politics forum.

No politics or insulting members. You can discuss laws good and bad, but you can not post political feelings or political rhetoric.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971
    306th Bomb Wing Strategic Air Command
    Lackland AFB, Tx.
    Lowry AFB, Co.
    McCoy AFB, Fl
    Kadena AFB, Okinawa 1968-1969, 1970-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

(PER ADMINS AVATARS AND SIGNATURES DO NOT FALL UNDER RULES FOR RELIGION AND POLITICS)

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
    13072 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncclaymaker View Post
    Everyone is always telling me if I plan on going to Nevada, I had better get a dry washer. I'm sort of retired... dry washing sounds a lot like hard work, gives us poor returns on investment and time, way below minimum wage. So why do it?? I have to admit that for the most part the nay sayers could almost be right...almost. Viewing the google earth desert areas, I found that the US government funded and constructed thousands of miles of waterway canals/conduits throughout the desert sw to help "farmers"(corporate entities) grow tree nuts in the desert. Well the tree nut "corporate farmers" require about 1,900 gallons of water to produce a pound of almonds. They've already succeeded in sucking dry Lake Meade and other water sources to the point of exhausting the water sources altogether. 35% of capacity is not even a half full glass.

We all know that once something gets californicated, rarely does it return to what it was before. Suction dredging in CA is dead as it is legislated, but what if you were in the middle of the Nevada or Arizona desert next to a canal using that as a water source to highbank placer from an area adjacent to the canal. You are not violating the law unless cited and tried. AZ or NV could care less about CA becoming a dried prune. In one hour, you would be using water that would produce a pound of almonds.

Please note that you're in NV or AZ, not CA. I would also suggest that you not return any discharge into the canal where you would be "polluting" or creating turbidity in the canal water. What will they do? Take away your birthday? Charge you with petty water theft (a misdemeanor that's a ticket). The water in these canals are clean enough to drink. Mind you, I am NOT encouraging anyone to violate the "law", perhaps I'm encouraging us to use our own resources, created with our money, not some non tax paying corporate farmer. Let's face it... what are the odds of someone coming along and recognizing what you are doing? Buy a T-Shirt with "Mercury Mitigation Orginization" imprinted on it, and cheap business cards to match the shirt.

canal image in AZ

97% of US farms are family owned.

Also it is a myth that it takes a gallon of water per almond.

In the 80's when they had the drought..cotton was the Ca. bad guy.

Back then your T-shirt was made here..from cotton grown here.

Fun fact...there are people who lobby to have pretty much everything grown out of our country.

They like to use that BS 1900 gallon figure.

After what we had start two weeks to flatten the curve ago. Should make anyone want to rethink shrinking our domestic production of anything.

One thing the anti irrigation crowd seems to skip is the fact that water on the ground..that goes into the ground and isn't sucked into roots...recharges ground water.

Since we de-swamped the central valley farming was the main thing putting water back in the ground while gobs of it went to the ocean.

That historically never made it there.

Weird?

Might wanna brush up on facts and law.

Before you go on the intrawebs and tell people they should try to do illegal stuff.

https://www.growingproduce.com/nuts/...s-not-thirsty/
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Jul 20, 2021 at 06:27 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    41639 times
    Goldwasher, ncclaymaker is unable to reply for awhile.
    Goldwasher and Mine Shaft like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971
    306th Bomb Wing Strategic Air Command
    Lackland AFB, Tx.
    Lowry AFB, Co.
    McCoy AFB, Fl
    Kadena AFB, Okinawa 1968-1969, 1970-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

(PER ADMINS AVATARS AND SIGNATURES DO NOT FALL UNDER RULES FOR RELIGION AND POLITICS)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links