Question about getting a "Claim Assessment"

Yukon99669

Jul 30, 2020
Alaska and Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone have advice on getting an assessment or consultation on the gold potential on a claim or property?

My personal property where I live is ​a bit over 10 acres on the North side of I-70 in Colorado. I'm in Jefferson County near the Clear Creek county border. Clear Creek Canyon is less than 2 miles north of me.

I have a year round spring that feeds a couple of ponds at the bottom of two VERY deep ravines below some pretty big rock outcroppings. The ravines look like they have been prospected in the long ago past, but I'm not 100% sure. ​I've sluiced and test panned a few areas and on the surface found next to nothing. Near a lower flat section and the junction of the two ravines I dug down to the Regolith Layer which is about 4 feet down and panned several +30 pieces ...so I know it's there, but to what extent? The majority of the "black sand" in my pans has been Garnet.

I also test panned some of the wash-out ruts on the ATV road and came up with pans full of lead...is that a sign of anything significant?

Is there a service that can analyze things and give me a better idea as to the potential? I know that I can test pan here and there forever, but I don't want to waste more time than I have to if it's not reasonable.

Here are a few pics just to give you a visual, it's easier to understand what I'm saying if you can see it.
...any recent digging or tailings you might see is mine.

Attachments

• IMG_3947.jpg
    IMG_3947.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3954.jpg
    IMG_3954.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3877.jpg
    IMG_3877.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3900.jpg
    IMG_3900.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3917.jpg
    IMG_3917.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3924.jpg
    IMG_3924.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3939.jpg
    IMG_3939.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was offering this service in Arizona, the fee was $1,500.00 for the consultation. I suggest contacting a local club to see if you can work out a deal with a few of the members to come out and hit the area hard. Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread