Nuggets!!

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love me some nuggets!!

Anyhow, anyone know another site I can add to my nightly stop and check for activity bookmarks? I love Treasure net but the gold prospecting forums are pretty slow around here.

Btw, I avoid Facebook like the pelage. One huge pile of nonsense if you ask me.

72A6B4AE-0156-4A61-B8F8-E299D89A0131.jpeg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nuggetshooter

forums.robsdetectors

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pelage- the fur, hair, or wool of a mammal.:laughing7: Tnet is the best site for all of your needs.

Last edited:

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats cause everyone is out digging up gold no time to sit and visit forums:occasion14:......I agree on fb like the devil it will steal your soul for sale to the highest or any bidder.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around these parts it been WaY too hot for prospecting & dealing w/snakes....soon... the weather Will change :)

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
The heat may get you but snakes won't bother you unless you mess with them. Snakes control rats mice gophers and other vermin that they evolved to prey upon which DO cause us much harm.

OP
OP
O

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around these parts it been WaY too hot for prospecting & dealing w/snakes....soon... the weather Will change :)

That’s my trouble around here. Heck I’ve got a new high banker but 90 and high humidity at 7:00am doesn’t make me wanna go shovel river gravels.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The heat may get you but snakes won't bother you unless you mess with them. Snakes control rats mice gophers and other vermin that they evolved to prey upon which DO cause us much harm.

Two years ago while panning a Va. creek .A BIG X Marine said the same thing.Later that afternoon he was bit and brushed it off like it was nothing.Within a few minutes his arm was triple the size.We rushed him to the hospital.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
That kind of thing does happen. Likely he stuck his hand into a whole without making sure there was no one at home first. Not the snakes faulte the big marine's brain was on vacation at the time. What would you expect to happen if you walked into someones home without first knocking or calling them on the phone? Can't expect a snake to exhibite more intellegence than a human.......hummm

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know for certain a northern water snake (non venomous) is one of the meanest critters on the planet. They will go out of there way to chase you. At which point they will die!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A copperhead will not chase you. I nearly stepped on a sidewinder rattler in the desert years ago! I scared him really badly! I did not hurt it but got a great UP CLOSE picture. It's those water snakes that have terminal PMS.

medusa

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have diamondbacks and the occasional mohave green doing rodent patrol for us in our yard.
We have had them keeping us company for many years now.
We walk within a few feet of them, and they have never gotten aggressive. We did relocate some a few years back when they kind of adopted the garage
Not always the same ones I'm sure. We watch out for them when we're outside and listen of course. We don't invade their space too closely and they leave us be.
That's the cool thing about rattlers though...you almost always get a warning...I think I'd be much more nervous around snakes in other parts of the country, like water snakes for example
I swear critters seem to know if they can trust you not to hurt them. I put water out for the birds and other critters every morning and am surrounded by honey bees when filling the tub. Many are Africanized.
They land on me to check me out, but never sting me. I even fish them out of the water if they fall in.
Some of them seem to think they are aquabees.
Point is, if you have healthy respect for them, its unlikely they will mess with you.
I grew up terrified of spiders and snakes and bees, now I can hold tarantulas and most other arachnids and insects, our ball python and other non venomous snakes.
I do not attempt to hold rattlesnakes however!
There is a limit! Lol

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
We have diamondbacks and the occasional mohave green doing rodent patrol for us in our yard.
We have had them keeping us company for many years now.
We walk within a few feet of them, and they have never gotten aggressive. We did relocate some a few years back when they kind of adopted the garage
Not always the same ones I'm sure. We watch out for them when we're outside and listen of course. We don't invade their space too closely and they leave us be.
That's the cool thing about rattlers though...you almost always get a warning...I think I'd be much more nervous around snakes in other parts of the country, like water snakes for example
I swear critters seem to know if they can trust you not to hurt them. I put water out for the birds and other critters every morning and am surrounded by honey bees when filling the tub. Many are Africanized.
They land on me to check me out, but never sting me. I even fish them out of the water if they fall in.
Some of them seem to think they are aquabees.
Point is, if you have healthy respect for them, its unlikely they will mess with you.
I grew up terrified of spiders and snakes and bees, now I can hold tarantulas and most other arachnids and insects, our ball python and other non venomous snakes.
I do not attempt to hold rattlesnakes however!
There is a limit! Lol

Well said. That has been my experiance as well. When you go into the wilderness there is only one completely unpredictable animal you must watch out for other humans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread