Best way to catch gold from crushed ore? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Best way to catch gold from crushed ore?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
    6823 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ganthercage View Post
    There is the Blue Bowl, the Gold Cube, Shaker Tables, and all the different Spiral Wheels. I am leaning towards the Keene Spiral Wheel. Has anyone used a number of these products and can give an opinion on the best one available? I want to quickly and easily get the flour gold out of my concentrates without panning.

I have used them all, and to tell the truth I have never recovered enough "flour" gold to pay for any of them.
    Forget about quick. Just getting down to the flour gold (100 to -200) is pretty slow going.

In my experience the Blue Bowl is great at recovering "flour gold" but it is very time consuming.
    Spiral wheels work well for recovering flakes and fines but not so much for flour gold even with extreme classification and fine tuning, again, a slow process.

The Gold Cube is a concentrator, not designed to separate flour gold.
    Shaker tables are very expensive and if you are a small scale miner not worth the expense or setup involved, they also take time to do the separation.

Nowadays I pan everything, it's much faster and what I lose isn't really worth the time, effort, or energy, not to mention the expense of trying to capture.
    Of course where I mine now there really isn't much flour gold to deal with.

I will challenge any spiral wheel to a panning contest. Panning by hand is many times faster!
    The really large spiral wheels are good for when you have many buckets of cons to process but other than that, panning by hand is still the way to go.

Get really good at panning, it will pay off in the long run.

Go for the Gold
    GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Aug 26, 2021 at 04:22 PM.
    russau and bc5391 like this.

us
    retired bumb and part time Hobo

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    5590 times
    I liked to pan down until I got all I could and then put the rest into a bucket to save until the Winter time . Like GG ( Buddy) I tried them all over the years and had fun doing so !
    Goodyguy likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
    6823 times
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    I liked to pan down until I got all I could and then put the rest into a bucket to save until the Winter time . Like GG ( Buddy) I tried them all over the years and had fun doing so !
    I didn't say it wasn't fun, I enjoyed every minute/hour of it. I love gadgets
    But there is just no way to separate out flour gold in a hurry.

Even using "charged" mercury you still have to take the time to charge the mercury, amalgamate, and set up to run it through a retort for final recovery.
    Mercury & retort is probably the fastest method of all, however there is a bit of a learning curve to handle it safely.

CLICK HERE-> ABOUT ALMALGAMATION AND USING MERCURY

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Aug 26, 2021 at 05:36 PM.

RTR
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    20844 times
    Magnified many times.... ( a few dozen specs).... Minus 100 mesh gold caught on the Miller table (so small in fact, they are floating on water, in this Pix. ) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	1944357
    Last edited by RTR; Aug 26, 2021 at 03:48 PM.
    Goodyguy and russau like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    6823 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Magnified many times.... ( a few dozen specs).... Minus 100 mesh gold caught on the Miller table (so small in fact, they are floating on water, in this Pix. )
    I enjoy the Miller table most of all. Really the most bang for the buck and simple to build.
    Genuine slate works best! Dont forget the jet-dry to keep the flour gold from floating away.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miller 2.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	804.5 KB 
ID:	1944365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mt.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	1944366  
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Aug 26, 2021 at 04:11 PM.
    RTR and russau like this.

RTR
    us
    Roger. USAF Vietnam war Combat Vet

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    20844 times
    Goodyguy
    Nice clean looking table.I like your simple adjustment eye bolts idea
    Goodyguy and russau like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links