Tired, I mean retired!

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, yesterday was my last day of working for wages. I?ve retired, after 55 years of work I?m finally going to enjoy time doing the things that are more interesting and pleasurable. Some hunting and fishing, some prospecting/mining and of course home projects.

I also will try to participate on these forums more than I have in the past.

It?s kind of strange feeling right now.

Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and welcome to the club! Any day now, you will hear yourself say "How did I ever find time to work?"

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I fired myself now nearly 15yrs ago. Still I have no time to do much anything except what I do to the projects.
Retirement: It's the time in life where one gets to do everything that they didn't do while they were working.
Note: Those "home projects" Time sucking-rabbit hole-where one thing leads into another-into another......Be careful..:laughing7:

Congrats on saying that's enough, and hanging up the hat-enjoy the process-stay active and enjoy the hobbies/passions.:hello2:

OP
OP
delnorter

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Yes, there are “projects to tend to”. To start I’ve to keep on the winter wood supply and finish canning/freezing the garden fruits and vegetables. Hopefully I’ll be able to take at least one deer this fall and put it up. It’s going to be a maybe on the deer with the forest closures here in the northwest.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, Welcome to the group who's saying is, "Every Day is Saturday!"

Biggest question I have since retiring is, "what day is it"?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good side is I can go detecting, fishing or put the top down on my Miata, crank up my stereo and go for a cruise when I want.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In retirement, it is sometimes necessary to recognize the selective hearing and memory loss - that can be triggered by such words as "build", "addition", "remodel", "re-do" and by phrases such as "you know what we should do?" or my favorite "I want a sitting room", etc. Hearing and memory can shut down to varying degrees (IMO, an adaptive response) when such trigger words or phrases are first detected by the retired ear.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In retirement, it is sometimes necessary to recognize the selective hearing and memory loss - that can be triggered by such words as "build", "addition", "remodel", "re-do" and by phrases such as "you know what we should do?" or my favorite "I want a sitting room", etc. Hearing and memory can shut down to varying degrees (IMO, an adaptive response) when such trigger words or phrases are first detected by the retired ear.

I bought plans for a 26' plywood cabin cruiser years ago. Have not built it yet...

....but a 26' boat is a lot of work to maintain, and they do have a 21' model...

But, I suppose a 18'er would do...

...oh hell with it. I'll just use the same leaky skiff I been using.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread