National forest closed.

Wiggler

May 9, 2019
The Real Northern Calif.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am not providing this information to give anyone with no bona fide reason to be using this exception, but there has been times I, and a few other M.E.G.s, having mineral estates within areas of forests on fire, where road blocks were set up to prevent people from entering the area, used the exception to the closure order (found at 36 Part 261 Subpart A--General Prohibitions Sec. 261.1 Scope (b) Nothing in this part shall preclude activities as authorized by the Wilderness Act of 1964 or the U.S. Mining Laws Act of 1872 as amended) to gain access to road(s) to our mineral estates to secure things in the fire's path. And let me be of first hand witness, things can get a bit concerning when you find yourself with an escape route covered with flames roaring over the road.

Thanks for that , I was unaware . Never the less , we went into one of our claims to gather up things from our sluicing operation . It is in the N.F. closure ( monumnent fire, missed our claim by about 1/8 mile. Big new dozer line there on a claim now also . ) We drove through and passed a fire rig right at the creek. They all smiled and waved .
Got all of our stuff out and back to home . Trying to prep for deer season now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions