Anyone running a commercial operation with large wash plant?

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab CTX 3030, Falcon Md 20, and my old Fisher detector, Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab CTX 3030, Falcon Md 20, and my old Fisher detector, Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many factors that weigh in when deciding what setup to use ,like average type /size of gold,amount of black sands etc.
However there is only one scientific study i know of that has tested whats going to catch most of the average gold around to be found ..and thats the clarkson report
https://data.geology.gov.yk.ca/Reference/42380#InfoTab
Down load from there

Great. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold.jpg sluice.jpg

This is their operation.Its placer mining. They are using the stiff green outdoor carpet but they have to replace it every 2 weeks. Over the carpet they are using flat bar as riffles. They are averaging 160 grams of gold ever 24 hour cleanout.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1947032 View attachment 1947030 This is their operation. They are using the stiff green outdoor carpet but they have to replace it every 2 weeks. Over the carpet they are using flat bar as riffles. They are averaging 160 grams of gold ever 24 hour cleanout.

Striker, were I in your position I would contact the folks
at GoldHog. They can fix you up with just the right combo
of matting for your application.

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmNSjnoWeqM This is the site they are working.

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Striker, were I in your position I would contact the folks
at GoldHog. They can fix you up with just the right combo
of matting for your application.

The hog mats probably wont work. The sluice runs are welded and fixed in position and non adjustable. This is a very remote area in the jungle so it takes a long time to get there. I was looking for something to replace the green carpet they are replacing every 2 weeks. Maybe Nomad matting or Klondike Miners Moss and add some expanded metal.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
The hog mats probably wont work. The sluice runs are welded and fixed in position and non adjustable. This is a very remote area in the jungle so it takes a long time to get there. I was looking for something to replace the green carpet they are replacing every 2 weeks. Maybe Nomad matting or Klondike Miners Moss and add some expanded metal.

How do you weld on bamboo? Looks like cheese balls and corn nuts? $10000 a day and they worry about carpet cost? Wut?

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you weld on bamboo? Looks like cheese balls and corn nuts? $10000 a day and they worry about carpet cost? Wut?
Not sure if this is an attempt at being funny or you are just a troll. This county was recently taken over by the military and the local currency has been devalued 50% since.
These people are allowed to mine by the military but the military gets a cut of their gold. So anything they do to capture more gold helps them.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if this is an attempt at being funny or you are just a troll. This county was recently taken over by the military and the local currency has been devalued 50% since.
These people are allowed to mine by the military but the military gets a cut of their gold. So anything they do to capture more gold helps them.

We live in a world controlled by monsters. Best wishes to the miners in that tough spot.

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We live in a world controlled by monsters. Best wishes to the miners in that tough spot.
Thanks Ohiogoldfever. I am helping them source 3m Nomad matting(miners moss) from a 3m factory here in Taiwan. Hopefully it helps them out.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rubber injection mats would likely require a complete reconfiguration of their sluice in order to run properly. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Considering that soup they are running for water…likely don’t have to worry about trying to capture fine gold. Personally I’d concentrate on improving nugget traps and riffles (all the gold shown is pretty chunky). Then spend time building settling ponds for cleaner water to allow the smaller gold a better chance of settling out.

What’s with the balls of pickers? Are they capturing that in mercury?

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nomad & expanded metal is all that you need, people throw other stuff out there for more money, but when it comes right down to it, keep it simple. The green turf doesn't last but I've used it. I prefer the wayfarer or large nomad with just expanded metal. I've tried the gold hog and others and for the price, stick to the basics.

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rubber injection mats would likely require a complete reconfiguration of their sluice in order to run properly. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Considering that soup they are running for water…likely don’t have to worry about trying to capture fine gold. Personally I’d concentrate on improving nugget traps and riffles (all the gold shown is pretty chunky). Then spend time building settling ponds for cleaner water to allow the smaller gold a better chance of settling out.

What’s with the balls of pickers? Are they capturing that in mercury?
Thanks for the suggestion Tesorodeoro. Yes those balls are from capturing the gold with mercury.

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nomad & expanded metal is all that you need, people throw other stuff out there for more money, but when it comes right down to it, keep it simple. The green turf doesn't last but I've used it. I prefer the wayfarer or large nomad with just expanded metal. I've tried the gold hog and others and for the price, stick to the I
Im sourcing some nomad now. Should they use the unbacked nomad over ribbed v matting or go with the backed matting? Also what size expanded metal would be best? Im not familiar with the wayfarer.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your trying to help improve recovery…has to be a problem before there is a solution right? Have they re-ran tailings or done some periodic testing to know they have losses worth chasing? What gradation gold are they trying to improve recovery on?

Thats kind of important. Old time miners did a pretty decent job capturing the middle class gold using rudimentary traps while running sludge down their boxes. Some ground isn‘t worth chasing flour gold, because it’s mostly coarse and easily captured. The oversized big nugget trap sometimes might be worth chasing over flour.

OP
OP
S

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your trying to help improve recovery…has to be a problem before there is a solution right? Have they re-ran tailings or done some periodic testing to know they have losses worth chasing? What gradation gold are they trying to improve recovery on?

Thats kind of important. Old time miners did a pretty decent job capturing the middle class gold using rudimentary traps while running sludge down their boxes. Some ground isn‘t worth chasing flour gold, because it’s mostly coarse and easily captured. The oversized big nugget trap sometimes might be worth chasing over flour.
So back to my oringinal post. "I have questions about matting, riffles, expanded metal etc. Anyone have pictures of your set up?" The miners biggest problem right now is the mats they are using. Looks like stiff green outdoor carpet. They dont last and they are replacing them every 2 weeks. Also the mats pack up with material. So far I have located the 3m nomad mat for them. But I have questions about the expanded metal. Such as which size mesh to use on this size sluice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread