Here we go again!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welp, now the Auburn State rec area is on fire and closed....

Ya know....even a simple man could figure this out.

Priorities...if you weren't to busy chasing people with needles and doing what you were actually elected to do. Maybe people and businesses wouldn't be fleeing the state like it's......wait for it....on fire.

See what I just did there.

Get the fkkk out of people business and keep the state from burning down.

Meanwhile I'm not even in the fire zone and PGE has shut off the power to my neighborhood 4 times in the last 6 weeks. No warning. No explanation.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/fires/article254060358.html

Upvote 0

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I hear you, and I agree with the priorities being mixed, and as a result, folks suffer...!
Well, Siskiyou county is a-flame too, and seven National Forests are closed in the state...!
So, I'm reduced to door-knocking for permissions...!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally a win, luck, whatever. This fire would have been bad. The north/middle fork canyons are so steep they can't get dozens in there. It would have ripped all the way up the mountain...

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My power went out briefly in the middle of the night again then came back on as I was getting up..then while at work PGE texted me and says power out as of 8am and will be out till 3pm....WTF

7 times in as many weeks.. what a joke CA is...

Last edited:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had enough and finally called PGE to let them have it.. they claim a car hit a pole this morning...yea?

Did a car hit a pole every week for 7 weeks?!?!??!

They told me, all the computer says is that the shutoffs to your neighborhood have been for "level 2 emergency" but they couldn't or wouldn't clarify what that means...

*******s....

So I found a pge fire risk map that refers to tier 123. But that can't be it because it's just my neighborhood none of the surrounding neighborhoods and I'm at a relatively low altitude not fire zone imo. Most we get where I'm at are grass fires.

On the map my whole area is actually in the 3rd tier...strange.. all the fires are at much higher elevations but ok, say that's the reason

Where is my warning notice?!!?! Not a single warning for these "planned" shutoffs....

Last edited:

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fortunately we've had power throughout the fires. 40,000 acre fire across the river got 2 miles from the shack but recent rain put the hurt on it and 80% contained. Fire just above where I'm digging still going and it was so smokey today they couldn't fly....worst I've seen the smoke so far. Still managed some gold despite the smoke today.... slight headache is all. Hang in there it'll be snowing soon.....

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My power went out briefly in the middle of the night again then came back on as I was getting up..then while at work PGE texted me and says power out as of 8am and will be out till 3pm....WTF

7 times in as many weeks.. what a joke CA is...

The outages are probably what are known as "rolling blackouts"....when they can't supply 100% power everywhere they cut power to random areas. eg Sounds like just your turn in the barrel.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The outages are probably what are known as "rolling blackouts"....when they can't supply 100% power everywhere they cut power to random areas. eg Sounds like just your turn in the barrel.
It's not though. I'm signed up for the alert program. Which is supposed to be 48-24hrs in advance for fire..

There has been no fire in my area. Just 7 shutdowns 5 of which have been on the weekends. All have been a min of 4 hrs but none longer then 8

There has been no wind and no alerts. I have gotten notifications of, and you can go to the online outage maps, but all after the fact. shut off and no explainrions as to cause.

It actually rained last night...thunderstorms so maybe totally justified in a shut off but they don't say.

On my way home from work I saw crews fixing the pole hit by a car. Phew.. but seriously I've still got weekly shutoffs unexplained.

The next month or so should be real. Fun. Real fun can't wait

Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Down here south California, we have genarators one for the well one for a small cooler n fridge, just went through 21 hours no power, 108 with humidity, it wasnt that bad an inconvenience for sure but nothing to raise a big hoorah over, when I was a young man here, we would just camp under the mesquite tree throw a little water around .

We get these outages every year about this time monsoon season 30 minutes of storm 20 hours no power.
Be prepared..
Gt ....

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I, personally, want to governed harder. (Kidding)

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Blame former governor Jerry Brown, he mandated that California go green on suppling energy to the state by 2045 so the Californian energy companies have been investing most of there monies into green energy instead of maintaining the electrical infrastructure, sadly more power failures are coming, forest fires caused by electrical failures are now the norm.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last edited:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down here south California, we have genarators one for the well one for a small cooler n fridge, just went through 21 hours no power, 108 with humidity, it wasnt that bad an inconvenience for sure but nothing to raise a big hoorah over, when I was a young man here, we would just camp under the mesquite tree throw a little water around .

We get these outages every year about this time monsoon season 30 minutes of storm 20 hours no power.
Be prepared..
Gt ....

I do have a generator. But I just bought this property and have limited funds so the well isn't hooked up. It's not plugged into the main. I have to run extension cord for everything

This last outage happened while I was at work. I have things that need power...not just the refrigerator. I'm single..so I either can leave work to go home and hook up the generator or suffer losses...either way I lose.

I was raised in the city..Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm learning but it takes time and funds. If we had competent leaders it wouldn't be so bad.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread