N.C. Where to go for gold panning and sluicing

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

johnboy54

Greenie
Sep 16, 2006
Johnson City TN
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202
Sluicedog said:
I'm planning a late spring trip to NC for a visit to a friend. Any gold panning area recommendations or areas I should check out for nugget shooting with my dectecors?-Sluicedog
If Your In The Vicinty Of Marion Try Thermal City I Had Good Luck Last Fall There And The Area Around Linville (Grand Mother Mountian) Streams Looks Promising

OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What type of luck did you have. Did you pan, sluice, trommel or metal detect at Thermal city. Did you work riverside with a purchased bucketful? I have all the above equipment except a trommel...I usually use the combo of pan & detector, or detector & sluice-SD

johnboy54

Greenie
Sep 16, 2006
Johnson City TN
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202
Sluicedog said:
What type of luck did you have. Did you pan, sluice, trommel or metal detect at Thermal city. Did you work riverside with a purchased bucketful? I have all the above equipment except a trommel...I usually use the combo of pan & detector, or detector & sluice-SD
I Panned & Sluiced in the creek up from thermal city is heather grove i used metal dector there and found some nice pickers on the edge of the stream

sthrngold07

Sep 11, 2007
Hey John?Have you done any prospecting around the Polk NC area or know of anything worth checking out there?

OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John-How would you describe the stream, slow,rocky,small? How deep did you find those pickers-how much time? Would you recommend I use my sluice in an area the MD finds a signal or just dig the finds?-SD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread