gold panning in CO

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Don't know what counties I was in,but last wkend I was in Denver for the gpaa gold show, and we went up on clear creek out of golden/idaho sprgs and found some flakes also went to the gpaa site but didn't try it because of the snow! It was cold! But you can pan in almost all the creeks if they are not marked.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Lot of areas hard rock stuff around Leadville, make sure if your on a stream you aren't jumping someone's claim..

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Saw both Tom and Perry visiting the Arkansas Claim a few weeks ago on Outdoor Network. Looked like the gold wasn't too bad.

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
I panned The Arkansas near Canon City last month, poor results, We're going back in October to try again.
Leadville, Victor, Cripple Creek areas- lots of gold and claims. Most of the diggin is straight down, and claimed.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Johnster,

seems to me there is a guy that has a claim up around Idaho Springs you can pay pan on too.. I'll have to do some checking, you may want to check out colorado prospectors website forums as there are a lot locals on that site that may have other info.

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
We did a lot better this past October! The thing in this area is that it's hit pretty hard, and there's actuall water is the stream beds1(re: I'm in AZ!)

The old benches is where it's at, baby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread