Alabama Gold Camp

jeff230

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2007
Alabama Gold Camp is the best place for prospecting on the east coast. Located in the heart of the Alabama Gold Belt the camp is great for beginners or experinced prospectors. With over 10 miles of gold bering creeks theres enough for everyone. Bring your own equipment or rent ours. We rent dredges,high-bankers,sluices. We also have a fully stocked prospecting & general store. Camp on the creek or in the campground with full hook-ups. We have bathrooms with hot showers. We also have a washer and dryer. Go to our website for more information.

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Now if I could just afford to go to Alabama to prospect! lol Tis too cold here right now! I am a wimp when it comes to cold! ;) Take care Jeff and I will visit with you again next time you call! Cyndi

diveguide

Nov 11, 2006
lower Ala.
Detector(s) used
J.W.Fishers Pulse 8X
Where are you located in Alabama?

I live in mobile.

Might be interested in coming up north for a weekend.

I did not see your web site listed.

Thanks
Diveguide

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Hi Jeff, welcome to TNet. Mr. Pepper and I have been to your place three times just looking it over and checking out things. It is a beautiful place and very clean. Your prospecting & general store are fun to snoop around in.

Pepper

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the AGC is located in Craigford AL on the easternside of AL. i was there two or so years ago and i really liked it then. it has built up into a really nice place. i intend to go back sometime!

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always game for something new :coffee2:
Clean bath and hot showers is always on the top of my list for come backs.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff230 said:
Alabama Gold Camp is the best place for prospecting on the east coast. Located in the heart of the Alabama Gold Belt the camp is great for beginners or experinced prospectors. With over 10 miles of gold bering creeks theres enough for everyone. Bring your own equipment or rent ours. We rent dredges,high-bankers,sluices. We also have a fully stocked prospecting & general store. Camp on the creek or in the campground with full hook-ups. We have bathrooms with hot showers. We also have a washer and dryer. Go to our website for more information.

Though I have permission to pan on some land that's also on Hwy 9... I've been thinking about coming by your camp sometime just to check it out. Do you know Jim Carmichael?

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Name: jeff230
Position: Tenderfoot - Next Posting Level (Greenie) in 5 posts.
Date Registered: Jan 22, 2007, 07:33:17 AM
Last Active: Nov 06, 2008, 03:32:45 AM

shopdog

Oct 20, 2008
stayed at al. gold camp april 18,19,and 20 had a really good time found some gold and indian artifacts first time lookin for gold its alot of work and the water was cold cold cold going back when it warms up hopefully with my own gear one thing the priceing on the net . is not what it cost call before you go so your not surprised as i was all in all cool place kept my four kids happy ages 7 11 14 16 kinda hard findin something for all but it was there. be prepaired to drive 30 to45 min. to find a good place to eat

kilnmaint

Apr 3, 2009
Homewood, Al
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff uses big track backhoes to dig up the creek bottoms and pile it beside the creek. For $5.00 a person, you can classify and run through your sluice box. Cant't beat that for easy prospecting!!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
kilnmaint said:
Jeff uses big track backhoes to dig up the creek bottoms and pile it beside the creek. For $5.00 a person, you can classify and run through your sluice box. Cant't beat that for easy prospecting!!
plus that would open up the bedrock for the dredgers easy access to the gold!

pensacolakid

Sep 29, 2008
seneca, south carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Personally, I was not impressed with the alabama gold camp and its only 100 miles from me , Nice folks and willing to help but I have had 10 times more success and gold at loud mine, georgia. Camping is much better also. Must be a LDMA member or GPAA memer visiting with an LDMA member except at outings to use the georgia property.

S

sailrunner

Went to the AGC last weekend..Found gold as usual, not a lot but gold no less. They have had much flooding at the creek as it has rained most every week this winter. So if you primative camp by the creek, watch the weather.
There doing improvments there. More cabins to rent, bigger laundry room being built, restroom building in lower section by creek. It is still a work in progress but a nice, safe family location. Regulars are there, very helpful and will assist you if needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread