dredge throttle setting

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which engine---which pump---which box??? Without these facts your just blowing wind. Thats like saying where do I put the pedal to the floor of my car to make it go???---Tons a au 2 u 2-

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
keene 3 stage sluice 48"x 16" with flare jet not header box, 5.5hp ohv and a p180 pump,, i bought the keene 4 inch, not the 4 inch mini, and thanks for the replys, the guy i bought it from had told me to run it wide open throttle and i tride that last year and it wouldnt trap fine gold for #@$* lol, thanks

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the bottom stage opened all the way 3/4 is about right or 2800-3000 rpm.. They need a lot of water to work properly..

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK-back the box up to keep the discharge end outta the water. Backpressure slows the under current way too much and it loads up with junk and your gold just runs right on through. These 3 way are floating on almost the exact same cu.ft. of floatation as the older MUCH lighter boxes--great way to create an aftermarket for additional floatation-sic sic. Keeping the box semi flat helps to even out the ridiculious angle that they sit,extra floats are a good thing to have. A simple 5 gallon barrel under the box for lift levels them out. Your water flow and depth of the creek/river will mandate different speeds but 3/4 throttle is the place to start. For every mining rule there are 1,000 exceptions. You have to take the time to learn the 3 way box or just go to a much easier over/under .Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread