Any good prospecting areas near Phoenix?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Oct 2006
    Alberta, Canada
    Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
    1 times

Any good prospecting areas near Phoenix?

Hey Im going to Phoenix and I will be driving back north towards Utah so I am wondering if there are any interesting panning areas along the way?
    Even ghost towns or pay to mine places are of interest... any places where one can mine gems would also be a great help.
    Thanks
    Dont be influenced by the opinions of others, be your own self

us
    Feb 2008
    Apple Valley, CA
    Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
    1 times

Re: Any good prospecting areas near Phoenix?

I'm fifth generation from Az.Everyone in my family is still there. Crown King is a "HOT" spot and has been for as long as I can remember.It is located west of I17 just north of Black Canyon City, get a good map and it will be there. 4x4 country only. Very beautiful and the last time I was there (2000) I was the ONLY one there. They have a little,little store and gas. That is it.You will close to water and in the spring it is to nice. If you are a novice, get snake gaurdz. I swear I can smell them. Lots of them in spring. I don't know if they have a sign on the freeway saying where it is at yet, find a local spot in BCC someone will point you in the right direction. I wish I could remember the name of the road, but my dad took me up there so much, I never paid attention, I just knew where to turn. Good luck, keep your eyes and ears open for rattlesnakes and bring home some gold.
    WORRY LOOKS AROUND, SORRY LOOKS BACK & FAITH LOOKS UP!!!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links