my first real gold hunt ALABAMA GOLD CAMP

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
wow just back from trip.had 4 days at the gold camp. what a great place to learn about gold finding. the ALABAMA GOLD CAMP.i guess this place is relatively new.i was in florida finishing up my vaca.while surfing treasure sites i heard about.hmm if i was to go home the eastern way i could go by there.this an obscure location in rural eastern alabama.i had tried the georgia gold locations last spring.went to crissin mine and gold and gem grubbin.both have ore for sale.pay to pan. i learned to pan there and bought a hand sluice.but it isnt real prospecting.at agc u can search anywhere on the entire 96 acres.like many i have wanted to find gold.if u live in the midwest mostly a dream.sooo ez to pick up a book.hmmm california. yeah its out there.even colorado...still over 1000 miles. where can i go.ok georgia does have some and nc. gas costing what it does hmmm.also most s east gold is private landhmmm.do i really want to join a club that i can only go to once or twice a year.i had also heard from others claims from clubs can be hard to find and poorly marked.hmmm.land changes hands or guides not properly updated.I AM NOT A PAID AD FOR THIS PLACE BUT....this place solves all these problems.is in stix but all paved roads.findable.u pay 5 bux to get in.affordable.knowledgeable miners on site to answer all questions.got yer own hand equipment? the 5 bux entry iz all u pay.affordable smal extra fee per day to run your owned power eqpt.fully equipped miner store with fair prices.rental of sluice box,highbanker and even dredges.HEAVEN.!!!!

i had panned and sluiced before. i was anxious to try running power equipment.i rented a highbanker for 30 for 1/2 day.another 2 guys from tn were at the machine next to mine.we were feeding the machines from a big pile brought up by heavy equipt from the riverbed.dont like that ore? dig ur own from anywhere on the prop.this prop had like 16 mines on it in the old days.the gold is small but some almost evrywhere.during a break for a kick i even panned a little gravel from the parking lot.unbelieveable a tiny flake of GOLD.!! i was trying to keep up with the tn. boys.thought i did pretty good.however i overlooked the fact that while one was shoveling the other was carefully tending the GRIZZLY ,washing each large rock and checking the riffles for obstructions.when cleanup was done they had more gold.until i realized there are 2 of them they split it.then i felt better.next time i will go slower.and not overload the riffles.I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE GOLD I FOUND.not a lot but gold.very sore also.if u r a outashape fat man like me,u will be.must go now.day 2 in another post.

Upvote 0

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Show us some pics of your gold! Congrats on finding some!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Congrats on finding the gold. At the moment gold is at $1,030.60 an ounce so I am guessing we are going to be VERY busy this week! Still wanna see pics of your gold!!

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
not alot. it really too small to show.is in little vials,if i take it out i cant find the eye dropper thing to put back in vials. almost all gold in that area is very small pcs.i was told the gold i found was about 20 bux worth the day i rented the highbanker.about 12 dollars day 1 hand classify and sliuce 15 dollars 2nd try at hand classify,sluice ,pan.gold was 940 then. no info on dredging .water too cold.

OP
OP
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
russau said:
www.alabamagoldcamp.com says it all! they even have some pictures of the gold down there. i was there 2 -3 years ago when it was just opening up! i had a ball. NO PERMITS NEEDED!
i was under the impression that they had just opened last year. i never really asked them.the miner shack store and restrooms are done. the main part of that building is being made into an indoor panning room,not done yet.so that prospecting can continue in cold weather.they were just finshing laying flat river rock aaround the borders of the parking lot.then positioning old mining artifacts on top.a nice effect.also first called last summer 4 details.talked to lonnie.caretaker.he has been replaced by miner mike,a great guy.thats all i know.more on the history of this place,russau.if u know it...........

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i was there when they were just getting it going. Lonnie,Matt(Lonnies son) Miner Mike all of them were a big help in showing me around and offering any help that i needed.most of the buildings you see now werent up yet or just being constructed. their web address tells all of the fees and what nots. it was fun!

OP
OP
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Strikefleet5326s said:
If your going to pay for it ; might as well try some of them thar (GOLD dirt for sale) places.You can watch Opra and PROSPECT at the same time.Save yourself some money,and probably find more gold.
u go there to learn. is worth it

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
yeah, last I heard prospecting was not on the list of things Oprah teaches. ::) Glad you had a good time Scrounger!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread