• s_gold.JPG
    s_gold.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The markets right now are running on emotion. And are acting like a spoiled teenage girl who is dating, "OMG I AM SO CONFUSED"
Value of the dollar, gold, silver, oil etc. All been on a roller coaster, Its gonna go up and down a lot more.

Take a look at gold values in other currencies and it will be much more stable. The price is mostly do the the dollar and its downward spiral.

More screwed up is the fact that gold acts more like a tech stock than a commodity.
Anymore when stocks go down, so does gold. It used to be the exact opposite, stocks fall, go to the safe haven of gold. Must of the gold out there is paper gold anyway, it does not exist. But the high price is going to cause problems in demand.

Keep in mind, Like tech stocks of the late 90s
If it can go up fast...it can go down just as fast.

So, like the dollar, gold can go down faster than a broke whore.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Gold & silver will both bounce around with big swings. It's not just the dollar its tied to. People all around the world are willing to pay only so much then the prices will level out and stabilze. Up or down that's the guessing game right now.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good that means a stronger dollar :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read on another forum the point well put,"golds value stays the same,its the dollars value that changes!!!!"

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"good that means a stronger dollar" , nah, the new paper money being printed up only dilutes the present dollar's value. lowering it. There will be a momentary surge in dollar confidence, then ---

Incidentally, Silver is a better hedge than Gold, since Silver is in short supply in comparison to demand for many mnay uses, medically , industrial, to jewelry..

Don Jose de La Mancha

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a fellow tell me to sell your gold and buy silver!!! :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread