WANTED

Stryker_FO

Feb 22, 2008
White Mountain Lakes
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it helps more but what you need if your in a really bad clay laden area is a trommel. you can set it up just like a dredge but it breaks up the clay very well and still keeps the gold in the sluice.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, a header box will tumble the material around and break it up a bit better than a flare will. You can find older Keene header box dredges online, but just finding the box itself might be difficult. If you know someone (or if yourself does) who works with metal, you could probably have one build fairly inexpensively. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find or decide to do!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
buy yourself a sheet of 3/16 ABS plastic. you can form this with a small amount of heat to keep the edges of the bends from cracking. the ABS adhesive will hold forever and actually melt this material together. ive made several flairs and different things from this material and it works great and its very tough!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do NOT need a header---just a good blaster nozzle to melt them impacted gravels and clay BEFORE it ever enters the box. If you arn't using a blaster--your dredging at less than 50% of capacity. NOT to mention cracks,crevices,and deep cuts are also eluding you!!!Tons a au 2 u 2-John :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
thanks for the info,, Ive actually only used my dredge 3 times i bought it last summer and then the creeks dried up here in TN because of the drought,So i figured Id get all the info and help that I could before I start Dredging in May.In the winter and early spring,like now, I use my highbanker and just let it disolve the clay, it works pretty good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread