14 days worth of Tennessee gold!!

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
this is what i got during last summer in "my hole" just over 6 grams,found using my homemade highbanker.I sit my highbanker right in the middle of the creek and shovel away,, all this came from about 4 feet deep and down in the blue clay and all in all if i got in my hole the water would be over the top of my chest waders.I cant wait till the water warms up so I can try my dredge out this year,its driving me crazy
PictureorVideo034.jpg

PictureorVideo033.jpg

PictureorVideo032.jpg

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice! 8)

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
Coker Creek? Everybody knows there is no gold left in Coker Creek ;) The miners got it all in the late 1800's and early 1900's lol.. But yea thats where its from and a few other places that I know of,a few pieces are from the tellico river, its actually everywhere in the Coker Creek Distric but you gotta dig deep and find places off of the beaten path, If you know what I mean

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
that is awesome! You said you used a homemade highbanker? I wanna see it!! That is too cool! Congrats on the gold too!

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
Homemade? lol yep its built on a aluminum ladder as a frame, with a 1/2 inch axle with back wheels from a push mower, hopper is 1/2 in treated plywood, sluice is a Jobe yellowjacket its 36 inches long, hopper has 1/2 inch classifaction, but the only bad part is you shovel the material in and have to get out all of the rocks out of the hopper by hand, which is kinda slow, but it gives them time to get washed off better than a regular highbanker, motor is a B&S 3.5 with a Pacer pump.Your imput is welcome on improvements
PictureorVideo036.jpg

PictureorVideo037.jpg

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
holy smokes! That took some ingenuity!! Looks like it worked real well for you too! I gotta go back and look at those pics closer....who woulda thought?!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get some closeups of the riffel area I might fill ya in on some recovery improvements.. :thumbsup:
I have done multiple on a pals Gold Buddy lol (which I once owned ::) )

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gold and home made high banker why couldn't you put a hinge on the hopper to dump it or fasten it with quick release pins :icon_scratch: ??? nice job on gold and high banker good luck this spring I want to see more gold Bob :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: :sunny: :happy3:

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
labradoodle of pa said:
nice gold and home made high banker why couldn't you put a hinge on the hopper to dump it or fasten it with quick release pins :icon_scratch: ??? nice job on gold and high banker good luck this spring I want to see more gold Bob :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: :sunny: :happy3:

Hey thats a good idea, I might have to give it a try, it would beat the heck out of usin my hands to get all the rocks out

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
the 1st frame i made was out of angle iron, and it was heavy as lead,i figured id 1 of my old ladders, way way lighter

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet! Ya gotta scuse my messed up spelling on the last reply. if you put a couple of hinges on the side of the hopper where it meets the sluice you could just flop it over to dump the material thats too big to go through the grizzley instead of dragging it out by hand. Ya got a really neat setup going there! How does it do getting it to where you want to work? Is it top heavy?

treasure diver

Mar 17, 2006
eastern KY.
I hinged mine from the front & hang it on a nail from a short length of chain. I can use the chain to shake the grizzle before I dump it, works great. I leave the grizzle flat to hold the rocks until, like you said they get washed good, or you can adjust it to any level you wish.

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigalathenstn,

NICE TENNESSEE GOLD!! :wav: :wav:

I would put a hole in the side of the hopper, tilt the grizzly toward the hole, the rocks would just slide out :thumbsup:, like they do on commercial hoppers except out the side not the back, and if you want to "wash" the rocks longer you could put a "lift door" and when you are ready to dump the rocks just lift the door, and out they go. ;D

Skip

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
yes it is top heavy, it needs a wider wheel base to keep it from turning over, but then it would be harder to navigat through all of the trees,,its almost time fro dredging so this little guy wont see much more use till fall and winter probaly,, im gonna have to rig it up to dump it or put a door on it like yall said to, it would help. It being narrow and having wheels has helped alot getting it in those remote places where most people whont go look for the good yellow gold, and since ive broke 7 shovels in 2 years, my custom made lol welded shovel works like a breeze, its made out of 1.25 inch black gas pipe from lowes and i welded the shovel head onto it,, works perfect and use it as a pry bar too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread