first time dredging

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
well been a few mos since the alabama gold camp.i wanted to go back after it warmed a bit so i could try dredging.alas fuel prices suck.didnt have enough gas plus food plus motel plus dredge rental to go back there.by surfingthe net i found out about indianagold at gatesville.there a guy just set up for renting equip there.rented from him a 2.5 inch keene.got some nice flour gold after 3 hour run.i have paid for 8 hour so will be in the creek 5 hrs tomorrow.THIS IS GREAT FUN.vacuuming the bottom,and try not to suck up TOO big rocks and clog the tube.this is hip boots.not sure how id feel about doing it under water.!HEY IM ACTUALLY DOING IT INSTEAD OF JUST READING ABOUT....YEA

Upvote 0

rockhead

Jan 25, 2008
Yosemite Ca
Detector(s) used
Gmt, Gold Bug 2, Infinium
Good luck scrounger. It's a different world dredging. Got to start thinking about the amount of gold worth the cost. Sometimes it seems like a job but not a bad job to have. Don't worry about being underwater it's 50 times better than running a smaller dredge in waders.
Be ready your going to get the fever bad. Hope your pocket book is thick. My first advice to all dredgers is get a blaster. You CAN NOT really dredge till you have one.

May your plugs only take one hit and heavies stay in the box. Good luck

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
cannot go wrong with a wetsuit, weightbelt and som eair to get you underwater. I felt a bit like you when I first strated prospecting, but now...YA CAN'T KEEP ME OUT OF THE WATER! Not to mention my actually gold production has probably , at the very least, quadrupled!!!

GOOD LUCK and remember to take some pics to show us!

~NASH~

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the best bet for getting out at any distance is to get a bunch of guys together to help in the fuel bill. i carry two dredges in my 16x18 foot enclosed trailer plus a atv. and have plenty of room for people and extra equipment. this will be the only way ill be able to get out with these fuel prices.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You arent getting the full experience or all the gold if you arent diving.There is so much more to the experience gleaned from being down there with the gold and seeing it before you suck it up.Also you would be amazed at how tightly nuggets can get lodged down in the cracks and unless you are down there to see them you are leaving them.At very least I would use a snorkel and mask.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flyspekau said:
Heres some video not real good its my first time underwater with the camera, i'll do better next time.

Thats my new 4I dredge now I can get some material moved, i have a 2-1/2 I have barely used I had a 3" for about 6 months and just got this 4 its the BOMB

http://media.putfile.com/Under-water-dredging
I started with a 2.5(still use one)but that wasnt good enough,(had to move more material)so I got a 4",still isnt big enough but I dredge by myself and it is all I can handle by myself,getting it in and out and loaded!!I just picked up a 5"but it needs some work.

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
so i had the camera with.it takes reg aa batteries.so i put brand new alkalines in.no pictures.turns out this camera is designed by some idiot who made it work on ultra hjigh input batteries only.has to have lithiums or wont work.at 9 bux a crack.and i specially chose it because i wanted one that uses readily avil cheap batteries.only now do i figure this out.result no pix, >:( .had fun tho. rental equipt. of course next u want ur own dredge.cant afford now.2 new metal detectors and 2 4/5 day treasure trips have seroiusly drained the budget. ha! hopefully i can get my new water machine to the beach. maybe i can get some of that prev owned type gold [lost jewelry].so for now ill have to put the raw gold finding on hold. dont feel to sad for me though as i will be playing with my new detectors evry chance i get. :icon_sunny: but somehow when i close my eyes i can see the gold dust in its little glass vial .shining so pretty in the sun. i can hear it calling me :o :o :o.and it seems to be getting louder

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scrounger said:
so i had the camera with.it takes reg aa batteries.so i put brand new alkalines in.no pictures.turns out this camera is designed by some idiot who made it work on ultra hjigh input batteries only.has to have lithiums or wont work.at 9 bux a crack.and i specially chose it because i wanted one that uses readily avil cheap batteries.only now do i figure this out.result no pix, >:( .had fun tho. rental equipt. of course next u want ur own dredge.cant afford now.2 new metal detectors and 2 4/5 day treasure trips have seroiusly drained the budget. ha! hopefully i can get my new water machine to the beach. maybe i can get some of that prev owned type gold [lost jewelry].so for now ill have to put the raw gold finding on hold. dont feel to sad for me though as i will be playing with my new detectors evry chance i get. :icon_sunny: but somehow when i close my eyes i can see the gold dust in its little glass vial .shining so pretty in the sun. i can hear it calling me :o :o :o.and it seems to be getting louder
I hate to tell ya but you are infected with the fever my :wink:!!!

rockhead

Jan 25, 2008
Yosemite Ca
Detector(s) used
Gmt, Gold Bug 2, Infinium
Scrounger

I'm with you. Getting gold rings is cool. But finding gold nuggets pickers and dust is way cooler. Regardless of value I got more fired up about dust in the pan more than I do getting gold rings....kind silly really. Some how getting the gold no one has touched before makes it better. I'm running the gmt dold bug2 infinium got 2 3" dredged and a 5 inch. Now all I need is to quit working for a living...and gas money. lol If your ever out this way let me know we'll go out and get moving some dirt huh
Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread