The Trinity pan

G

geno

I've heard a few reports from those who have one and they are all happy with it... I have one, but haven't used it yet..
geno

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

goldenboyofwa said:
I heard about this pan and don't know what to think. I am a new prospector and I currently have only Garret Gravity Traps. But this Trinity Pan SEEMS like a good investment. but I want some more experienced prospectors before I go and buy one.
GoldenBoyOfWa
You own one of the best pans in the world.......why waste your money ? Get out there practice and when you become proficient with your garrett then think about something else.......just my 2 cents..... 8) 8) 8)

Colorado Bob

May 6, 2005
GOLDENBOYOFWA,
I have never used a trinity pan, so cant tell ya much about them. Pans are a little like pie, they are all good, but some are just a little better that others. I have three Garrett's, three Le'Trap's and a couple Keene's, had two metal and one copper pan, sold them. The Garrett is a good pan and will save the fines real well, as will the others, except the Garrett is a little slow, they made the bottom to small, so you cannot work a lot of material real fast, they are OK for fooling around and running small samples. The Keene is very much like the Garrett except it has a much larger bottom so you can work more material faster, its also a 3-stage pan, meaning it has the riffled area so you can rough out, or get rid of most of the coarse material quick, then you have a textured area where you can get rid of most of the remaining black sand and then the smooth area for your final clean up. The LE'Trap is a square pan and will work ever more material faster. It takes a little getting used to as you don't work it in a circular motion, it works in a forward and back motion, which creates a small wave of water that will wash the sand from the gold. Any of the pans will save the nuggets as you can see them sticking up through the black sand, so just stop, pick them out and continue working the fines.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I agree with Bob....Looks like a good pan but how fast is it...I pan and pick out the nuggets and pickers and the rest goes home to be finished later. Most any pan will do is. Don't waste your time when on site....Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread