SO you want to be a dredger huh ?

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Umm k have fun HEH HEH

Thanks Cooter for the new dredge its the BOMB once I get it started that is :tongue3: works like bat outta hell moving material and that Ol girl found gold first weekend out, nice gold toooooo :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

VIDEO first day out, getting to know her getting to know allllllllll about chooooooo :tard: :tard: :tard:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v23/lardbucket/?action=view&current=PAINPAINPAIN.flv

Upvote 0

rockhead

Jan 25, 2008
Yosemite Ca
Detector(s) used
Gmt, Gold Bug 2, Infinium
Ah it ain't that bad Vini. Sounded like you had it all figured out when I was down stream from you.

OP
OP
flyspekau

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hey rock yeah 2 hours getting it figured out, first hour just to get it started 2nd to get it to prime once primed she ran well all weekend.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dredging is hard enough without fighting equiptment.Its a big investment but "new" equipt,or at least fully operational is invaluable.Time out there is priceless,and you arent getting the gold working on your rig!!! :-[

rockhead

Jan 25, 2008
Yosemite Ca
Detector(s) used
I'm with ya Kuger ya buy new it should work first pull. But it's not alway true. A little while back I went to a coarsegold outing this poor guy chuck down stream had a pinched vent line...........did he get p.o.'ed 2300 bucks for a 3"highbanker/dredge and air and hosed. Finally he came over and asked for help. Cracked the gas cap ran strong all day. You guys all know that 15 minutes of maintenance takes away hours of pissed off.lol
Vini get the motor cleaned up replace the pressure line coupler with a pin lug take out ever bolt and locktite it. Should be good to go.
Good luck my friend maybe we'll see ya sunday

OP
OP
flyspekau

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Hey Rock yeah agreed maintenance saves time and aggravation the next time she's out of water going to do a lot of things , rebuild carb, reattached pontoons, plug hole in pontoon :P LOCKTITE bolts :thumbsup:

Heading up this morning for full day trying to find out where that veins going, summer hits we need to jack hammer that sucker out of there I crushed some up thats where the flyspeks are coming from no nuggs or even pickers off that vein lots of micro though, but the bigger stuff very well could be 2-3-4 feet away worth checking something to do once the creek dries up :tongue3:.

rockhead

Jan 25, 2008
Yosemite Ca
Detector(s) used
No problem we can knock it out I got a gas compressor. Ain't big enouh for a jack hammer but air chisel works too. Let me know when the rb I mean rock biatch has arrived. 16 young dumb and full of well you know. He's a big kid be happy to move some rocks for a while.
Jay

OP
OP
flyspekau

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
creek dropped a few inchs since last week 4 " is done there can still run high banker with suction nozzle or get my 2" running still more bank to beat up.

As you know F'd up the rewind pulley $12.00 ended the day, will buy 2 when I order , and a new pull cord $1.50 and a new handle $1.50 while i'm at it may as well get the starter spring new also $3.95 :tongue3:

Yeah theres some big boulders that aren't going to be moved easily once that dry up it was easy with water helping float them :thumbsup: whole diffrent scene once it drys up I got an 18 year old I will have to drag away from his weed pipe who can help :icon_scratch:

Heres some of it got about half way threw fines still 7 gallons to go then run it all threw again then run Merc threw it too

Attachments

• DSCF1253.JPG
    DSCF1253.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 542

rockhead

Jan 25, 2008
Yosemite Ca
Detector(s) used
Not bad for the spot man congrats on moving more material. Good deal on the recoil. Your big guns are too much for that poor this. Take it easy. Might be able to get out sunday don't know yet

OP
OP
flyspekau

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
I got a contract for a 9 unit plex will be on it till monday after this weekend I am sorta open haven't seen my girl much in 3 weeks 2 days maybe got a lot of catchen up to do's :tongue3:

trying to work Jenn into letting me sell or trade the tent trailer and get a boat just a little tinny, San Joaquin river is about ready for the 5" bazooka and a 4" dredge move some sand bars around get lots of flakey pretty gold :thumbsup:

Merced river is still going from 100 CFS to 2,000 CFS at times hoping that will be leveling out soon?

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi i use to do a spot on the San Joaquin just downstream from the fish hatchery. They use to wash the rocks there for Friant Dam. We pulled a lot of gold out of there but now its fenced off. :-\

OP
OP
flyspekau

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
A few weeks ago I was right down below broken bridge and got nice gold I ran my power sluice high banker :tongue3: most of all of that down stream is fenced off private prop backs up to the river and I heard someone running a dredge back behind one of th island down there, theres really good gold still in that river justr have to find the rich spots . We go up above Millerton in the gorge aa real good gold in spots up there probably a lot if a guy took the time to sample different areas I need to find the old benchs up there where the river used to be , some day.......

Heres San Joaquin river gold from February this year got it with 3" dredge

Attachments

• February2008 San Joaquin2.jpg
    February2008 San Joaquin2.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 489

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a sand bar at the river in Squaws Leap that gives up color but the river is to high right now. There is one spot that flatens out and looks like an operation was there years ago. Be careful of one area by the river i learned the hard way i stumbled across an old indian burial ground and you would not believe the feeling i got. My heart for no reason felt like it was coming out of my chest and my partner and i couldnt breath. Later talking to the BLM guy who happens to be Indian warned us to stay away from the area. :o Read the history of Squaws Leap and you will learn about the horrible things that went on there in the 1800s. We found Indian artifacts but left them alone in respect for the dead....aa

OP
OP
flyspekau

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Yeah sand bars are loaded i wondered what the levels were now will wait another month before going down.

aa I know of what occurred there and your right it is horrible I would never desecrate nor remove anything if i came across there burial grounds.

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vini, I ran that dredge with no problems(exept for falling down that hill) and you were there. Why so many problems? Good thing the price was right!

The old Coot!

OP
OP
flyspekau

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Just maintenance issues mostly coot I ran it for 2-3 weekends there and ran the hell out of it. Remember that area we moved all the material out of on jackass creek? I moved 5 times that area at least the final straw was when the rewind pulley EXPLODED :icon_king: and it still leaks around the carb but not as bad they said thats normal for those OLD carbs . So now it has new pull rope, used rewind pulley which piss's me off I told them to put on a new one, rebuilt carb, new air cleaner not the coffee filter you had siliconed in there :thumbsup: ( even though that worked fine. ( redneck) ) And it started on the first pull when I got it home.

All it took for the new well nuts to get screwed was my buddy climbing inot the back of the truck to get something and basically crawling on his knees over the pontoons it pushed every single one back out on one pontoon so those need to be redone other wise its good to go and it is going to be running hard again soon.

No worrys I dont mind spending some change on it I did get it at an excellent price :icon_sunny: thanks you old Coot i'll take some pics of some gold its gotten so far , it payed for all the maintenance I had done son :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread