keene 2 inch backpack dedge

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
Well i sold my 4inch Keene and bough a new Keene 2 inch backpack dredge at Crisson's gold mine in Dalonega GA last Friday,finally got it all put together and built a big backpack using conduit,rivets,and some backpack straps off of one of my tree stands,it weighs about 5 pounds, have to replace the straps b4 archery season opens up.Good lookin little dredge, i was surprised at how light this little setup is. I'm finally gonna get to try it out tomorrow, woulda used it sooner but had to get 4 wisdom teeth cut out last Saturday morning at the oral surgeons.Does anybody have any tips for using these little dredges? it is a jet log instead of a suction nozzle, i also added deeper ribbed matting than stock and a section of miners moss ,, Thanks
Allen

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: Dredging without a blaster nozzle is a monumental waste of time--dredges suck but they don't blow!! 12' garden hose and a blaster lawn sweeper nozzle and you get 4X the production with half the hassles-Tons a au 2 u 2-John ;D

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007
hi allan, did you do any prospecting while you were at the crimson mine? if so how did you do? are you dredging in the georgia area? thanks JOHN

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blast/dredge/blast/dredge but if you only run small stuff through the box while blasting you can let'r rip all the time-Tons a au 2 u 2-John :thumbsup:

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
i made a blaster out of an old water hose, its 5/8 id it worked like a charm,didnt hurt the pressure at all, but man it took me all day to dredge a hole that would have only took an hour with my old 4 inch,kept getting plug-ups,im dredging a creek that has flat shale rocks,only found 2 small pickers about 1 grain between the 2 of em.

Yes, i do prospect on WEGM property in Ga,I find some small-fine gold in yahoola creek,most of it has mercury on it.Every now and then you might come across a picker in the etowah river,atleast thats all i have found,as far as panning at crissons, a $12.50 bag of concentrates has about .5 grams of gold in it, then more you spend for concentrates the more you will find,i bought a $100 gallon last year and found some nice pickers in it,IMO its worth a try,its fun and the gold bright yellow and shiny,the gold i find here in TN has more orange to it, which ive heard means it has copper or iron content to it,but the jewler tested mine that i found last year and its 23K

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
A little hand rack and a jigger half and half water- Hydro Peroxide ( for the teeth) don't swallow just lite rinse.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
run a small bolt through the end of your suction nozzel,it helps reduce your plug ups ,and don't hurt your suction to bad. :thumbsup:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tard: NO NO NO !!! AND LLLLLLL NO-NEVER-NO WAY JOSE-turn a puddle jumper into a worthless piece a junk(cleaned up version) Learn how to dredge like a man!!John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread