Live near SF Bay Area

rjbassgold

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
I've been searching high and low to find somewhere in the greater San Francisco Bay Area to hone my gold panning skills with real gold (even if it is a minute amount or dust).

Is anyone familiar with the area or have any suggestions?

I am a newbie but am SO interested in gold prospecting and learning the art of panning.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, rjbassgold

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was raised in Walnut Creek from age four, and eight years ago, my wife and I escaped from the tax state of California. At this point I can only pray that you guys still left behind the iron curtain will one day escape like I did and be able to live in a state that can pay it's bills. :thumbsup: Seriously though, welcome to Treasure Net.

nuggetshooter, I knew from past posts that I liked you and now I know why, you've escaped and I'm ready to...............63bkpkr

stephe

Jun 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out GOLD GULCH. It is named that for a reason.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where is gold gulch?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok thanks!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CALIdigger

Sep 5, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Whites gold master 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
there is a club called the east bay prospecotors that have monthly meetings in concord google them and there ya go great club good bunch of guys
I'm in Concord, Ca so from what I can gather from here is Auburn is the best spot, if anyone knows about any trips or group meets ups, I'd be interested, I have NO experience so I'm counting on beginners luck. cheeple@yahoo

Airus21

Nov 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this post is old, but I needed to chime in. There is definitely color in Zyante creek above Felton in the Santa Cruz mountains. This pic is about 4 buckets of material I ran through my fluid bed sluice. It's not a lot, but enough to make my weekends enjoyable =) I've panned at the base of Gold Gulch about 3 times now and haven't found anything. Same for Lompico creek, and a couple of tributaries to the San Lorenzo river around Boulder Creek. The history books say there should be color in all of them, but Zyante creek is the only stream around here I gold.jpg 've found anything in. PM me if you want to know more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread