RECREATIONAL GOLD PROSPECTING ON PUBLIC LAND IN MONTANA

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow according to the BLM most good gold bearing streams are already patented in Montana, plus there are 17,000 unpatented claims already in existence!

Looks like it's going to be hard to find any place left to claim there, especially when the BLM has no available list of claimable public land to examine.

Here is the best link I know of for finding claimable land anywhere in the USA, many other uses as well:
http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp?MAP=MC

GG~

C

Cappy Z.

I added the link to my favs. Looks real interesting. I never knew about claim sites.

Thanks for posting.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GeoComn and BLMLR2000 are only 50% accurate 50% of the time. The county recorders office has EVERY LEGAL FILING ever done for your viewing pleasure be it microfische or computer--hence lies the wisdom of the ages---tons a au 2 u 2 -John :hello2:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
GeoComn and BLMLR2000 are only 50% accurate 50% of the time. The county recorders office has EVERY LEGAL FILING ever done for your viewing pleasure be it microfische or computer--hence lies the wisdom of the ages---tons a au 2 u 2 -John :hello2:

Quite right! :notworthy:

But the GeoCom link is still very useful.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread