Im a newbie to dredging, need advice..

Smack

Jul 27, 2005
I'm a newbie to dredging, need advice..

I am totally new to dredging but very eager to get up and running. Of course, I have a ton of questions. I live in Texas and I would like to do some dredging for coins and relics as we dont have much gold here, that I know of anyways. I have many questions about this and definitely would like to have any comments/advice that you experienced hunters could give me...all help appreciated. To get started, what would be the best type of dredger setup for what I would like to do? Also, if I did go to a gold bearing state, would it be able to do that also? I looked on the Keene site and saw they had a 3" coin/relic dredge that was alot more expensive than a regular 3" dredge, but I really am not sure why. What are the pitfalls to dredging? I did get certified in diving years ago, but really havent used it. I dont anticipate working in anything deeper than 10 or 15 feet. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated and probably help me think of things I just dont know about right now. Thanks alot! Smack

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread