Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2011

iphone gps tracking apps?

Is there any apps for the iphone that will track my route on a hunt and let me add locations (good finds)? I just want a simple way to keep a log of were I have been and locations of good finds.

Thanks for any info

us
    Jul 2011
    Reno, NV
    Whites Goldmaster GMT

Re: iphone gps tracking apps?

Yes, It's called "Recon Hunt" by Cabela's you can find it for both the Iphone and the Android phones,I use it for Nugget shooting,Hunting,Fishing,and Hiking.It has many features of a handheld gps unit.Go to http://cabelas.trimbleoutdoors.com/ for more info.

us
    Jun 2011
    Nebraska
    Teknetics Delta 4000
    1 times

There's one called 'GPS Tracker' made by InstaMapper LLC which you can download for free in the App Store. If you don't like it you always just delete it.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

mo
    Sep 2011

Quote Originally Posted by RDWHAHB
    Is there any apps for the iphone that will track my route on a hunt and let me add locations (good finds)? I just want a simple way to keep a log of were I have been and locations of good finds.

Thanks for any info

There's one called 'OmegaSpy Tracker' made by OmegaSpy LLC which you can download for free in the App Store. I think when you use it, you will like it.

us
    Jun 2009
    Weston, FL
    165 times

It's not a true tracker, but if you have enough signal to use a GPS app you can just take pictures along the way or of finds and view them in the photo folder under map. You can export them to google earth with Picasa or other desktop foto software.

Just be careful sharing those pictures, the gps coordinates can be shared as well.

Apr 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    several days ago, I lost my iPhone 4s. I've heard that some apps like ikeymonitor here Internet filter for Mac,
    keylogger for iPad, keylogger for Mac can track where the iphone is, is that true? Anyone of you guys have experience about this?
    Last edited by Afra; May 07, 2012 at 12:51 AM.

us
    Aug 2009
    Chesapeake, VA
    Minelab X-Terra 705, White's TDI
    30 times
    I just downloaded the Trimble Navigator that looks like a well-rounded app that would capture what you are looking for. I haven't taken it for a "test run" yet but from what I read about it it may be a good one to try.

aq
    Mar 2012
    26 times
    several days ago, I lost my iPhone 4s. I've heard that some apps like ikeymonitor here Internet filter for Mac,
    keylogger for iPad, keylogger for Mac can track where the iphone is, is that true? Anyone of you guys have experience about this?

There are several programs out there for tracking a GPS equipped cell phone, I havent tried any, but good luck!
    Google Map GPS Cell Phone Tracker 2.0

Download Google Map GPS Cell Phone Tracker 2.0 Free - Track a GPS enabled cell phone on Google maps - Softpedia

Google Map GPS Cell Phone Tracker
    Google Map GPS Cell Phone Tracker | Free Communications software downloads at SourceForge.net
    Last edited by AUVnav; May 29, 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Sponsors