betomax

Greenie
Nov 8, 2011
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab E Trac, Garret 250 + 2 Coils And Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gmap Maker, is a useful program to download, convert and calibrate maps from google,

here is it the main windows, just select the map area to create you own calibrated .map as Oziexplorer needs, click on 'map', draw using the mouse an rectangular area and select map type and zoom level, from 5-to-9 is good for me, then press 'go' button, and voila !

6385477967_9279540f48.jpg

two map files where generated, .map(coordinate data) and .jpg (image data), put un your 'Maps' directory and reindex your maps under 'map' menu of Oziexplorer,

6385512747_d85ab04e5e.jpg

Now you can go out Hunting with your netbook, your GPS and you will get so detailed map as you want !

Disclaimer:
Google maps and all content on its server are copyright, if forum Admin consider this message violating rules please remove it.
Download gMapMaker from here.http://www.betomax.kicks-ass.net/down/gMapMaker-setup(dot)exe

OP
OP
betomax

betomax

Greenie
Nov 8, 2011
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please replace (dot) with a point ".", by some cause the forum looks to disable the link, but the program is there !

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Betomax, I have downloaded the app. Please help me a little. Where am I going to find the map files you mention? Also, why do I want to use this app instead of just printing maps off of my TOPO app? Is a netbook a device such as an ebook? I am always looking for and exploring with new ways to store and use maps but I am a bit less saavy than your average bear! Please help me out with a more contextual explanation. Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
betomax

betomax

Greenie
Nov 8, 2011
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all maps are taken from the google server, this is just another way to get digital maps with aerial view on a device like a laptop, or netbook ultrabook without internet 'live' connection...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all maps are taken from the google server, this is just another way to get digital maps with aerial view on a device like a laptop, or netbook ultrabook without internet 'live' connection...
Tnx. I appreciate the reply. (sorry, mine is a little late) TTC

Sever

Greenie
Jan 22, 2013
Russia, Nizhny Novgorod
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something I not so dealt with this program too. :icon_scratch:I use other program for this purpose - SAS.Planet http://sasgis.ru. First - there everything is evident, it is possible to allocate the necessary square with simply mouse. Secondly - it is possible to download cards from many servers. There is an English interface. Try - it will be pleasant to you. I choose as a mouse a square or visible area. In settings I choose a file format, a way for preservation, zoom, it is necessary to put map tick for formation of the file of coordinates. After that downloaded two files (jpg, map) I format in the Image to OZI program in the ozf2 or ozf3 format. Ozi Explorer quicker with it works.

Good luck.
sas.planet2.jpg sas.planet.jpg sas.planet3.jpg sas.planet4.jpg
The program works as with the Russian services, and services of maps for other countries
:icon_thumright:Everything seems correctly wrote

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread