NAD27 or NAD83 (WGS84)...?

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry,
I am giving a free class in Sierra Vista AZ the 13th.

I did a survey at the some claims near the Stanton mines last spring. It had the highest energy level of any patented claims in AZ. I have a detector I built using optics and it measures the radiation off the ground of underground PGMs.

Any things I should cover in the class?

Right now planing on how to correlate the GPS with topo maps and general mapping software and find places on the map.

I always use the NAD27.

Goldfinder

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Goldfinder. Thanks for responding. Sorry for the long delay. Just keep to the KISS principle. Keep it simple, stupid. The classes I do are for the very new with a GPS guys. I concentrate on two points... how to use your GPS to mark your position on the map and "go to" a mark that is entered on the GPS. Of course, A class assumes or must include something on how to read a topo map. Give them one or two marks to "go to". I try very hard to get the guys to use UTM. I put the grid on my maps to make measuring my location very easy. A little UTM template makes measuring easy. I get mine at www.maptools.com If nothing is going on around here, maybe I'll make your class. Now, go get 'em! Take care. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread