New Gps tracking app for the metal detectorist.

Wormslayer

Mar 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Garrett Pro pointer, Tect O Trak
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

I'm a metal detectorist from England, and a long term member of detectorist .co.uk. I have recently made a metal detectorists Android tracking app. I've called Tect O Trak. I thought you might like to try it. This is the app I couldn't find.. So I made it myself. This application allows the user to track their movements within a pre defined area. You can save and resume searches, add / revisit findspots, and make detailed records. Get it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trib.app.tectotraklite

Cheers.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Wormslayer

Wormslayer

Mar 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please do! :) I'd love to hear how you get on with it. Thanks ocalasix. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Wormslayer

Wormslayer

Mar 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it usefull for Iphone?

Sorry, there is only an Android version at the moment. If there is enough interest I will make an Iphone version too.

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are there no takers on this....I have a smartphone on the way and this sure sounds good for prospecting also....or deer hunting,,,,or fishing,,,ect?? Someone let me know so when I get my phone I can try it out!

OP
OP
Wormslayer

Wormslayer

Mar 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's been been quite few takers according to my stats, but it seems no one wants to comment! :dontknow:

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have it. And I have even been in contact with you about some things wormslayer.
You can not go wrong buying this app. Definitely worth the low price and space on the phone. It works 100% of the time, no FC's or crashes. Takes a lot of battery life as do most gps apps. I would like to see a few tweaks which I emailed the dev about and got a pretty quick response from. I'm not going to mention what they are because this dev needs feedback, and they aren't issues, they are preferences. So I don't think it would be fair to him. Anyway he told me that he has some future plans that sound awesome, and I hope hew gets the feedback and support of the community so he can implement them.

Now on to the app:
A digital overhead satellite view of an a area, with a user defined grid. A real time tracking of your movements in that grid to help make sure you get it all.
Think Google Maps with us in mind.
It is also an intuitive app, with a very small learning curve. The price of the full vein is less than a single battery. Well worth it in my opinion. And useful for other jobs, hobbies whatever.
So if you get it, use it, and give some feedback. A few tweaks here and there and all our detectors will be setup like CTX.
Another good thing is that it caches a large area around the user defined zone. I put my phone in airplane mode when I'm in a bad area as a smartphone in an intermittent communication state can and will over come the RF shielding on the detectors cable causing havoc and the machine to go nuts periodically..
Keep up the good work wormslayer, looking forward to future updates. Never realized you posted here, I've mentioned your app a few times.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The app neds the ability to take pictures. If the pictures could be overlayed on the frid by an icon and info on the coords and the picture saved that would be awesome.

OP
OP
Wormslayer

Wormslayer

Mar 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for a fair review 302 guy:icon_thumleft: . Still no feedback. Oh well early days.. 8-)

@Gerryk At some point I am going to add the camera function, but there are a few things I want to get done first, such as historical map overlays. Its just a matter of time and priorities:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

302guy

Banned
Jan 24, 2013
Delaware / SoDel
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro (for now)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for a fair review 302 guy:icon_thumleft: . Still no feedback. Oh well early days.. 8-)

@Gerryk At some point I was going to add the camera function, but there are a few things I want to get done first, such as historical map overlays. Its just a matter of time and priorities:icon_thumleft:

No problem man. This will grow more and more. A lot of older people are still resistant to to technology, a lot of younger people still haven't caught on past checking facebook and texting. I think that us Star Trek Generation folks in the middle are the ones interested in the apps that really make the best of technology and our devices.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at replacimg my android with an iphone. The last firmware update has pushed me to this dexisin. My email is useless Nd e phone lags so badly its more of a childs toy than a smart phone.

KLLJr

Greenie
Mar 7, 2013
Lexington, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an iPhone too. I'd be very interested in it if this version was available at some point. Please keep me posted.

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ditto on the iPhone version.

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just downloaded the app, the snow and cold is lifting in ks...yah, snow n may... ...so I'm going to swing my thing and ill be sure to give feedback, thank u sir

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions