How are you all getting Parcel/Property info (without submitting requests to counties

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was using an app called "Landglide", and it was great. I could zoom in, and it would give you all the information about that property, including parcel number, address, owner, etc. It didn't require you to already know the owner's name/address/parcel number/etc. This was for all of U.S. The problem is that it is ran off a trial period, and then requires you to pay either $9.99 per month, or $99.99 per year. I am curious as to if you all have found anything similar to the program described above. Something that I can just zoom into an area and get the data for that spot.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every county has a County Auditor Office. most have links to GIS MAPS that offer the same data for free. Some counties are easier to use than others. You can even select your layers and satellite views. I can go back to the 50's in some areas, of course they are not as detailed as the current years picture quality.

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every county has a County Auditor Office. most have links to GIS MAPS that offer the same data for free. Some counties are easier to use than others. You can even select your layers and satellite views. I can go back to the 50's in some areas, of course they are not as detailed as the current years picture quality.

Locodigger and Just Curious,

Try this little beauty of a website. You set up a profile name and password and that is IT. No CC, no BS. Just 100% free land owner info, complete with satellite imagery and land contour info.

https://www.acrevalue.com

Oh, and it will even tell you if its crop land (i.e. sprayed with fertilizer), pasture land (i.e. CLEAN relics), etc. Pretty great site!

Last edited:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting that link can slaw! Checked it out and found out alot of farmland by me is owned by people I know through the school way I work. You just opened up 1000's of acre's for me and multiple site's where old farmhouse's used to be. Many Thanks:occasion14:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I don't know about the rural property. But, the city in the Snow Zone where I lived most of my adult life has open access to property ownership. My daughter pointed this out a few years ago. She looked up the house we lived in around 1970-ish, and told me it had been sold. She told me the name of the new owner, and I recognized that name as a long deceased radio newscaster. He owned that house, sold it to a real estate man on contract, who sold it to me and I sold it to a couple we knew.

Turns out the last couple to buy it never recorded the purchase when they completed the contract, so the original owner was still listed nearly 40 years later. The woman got it via divorce, and she had to have an attorney advertise in the local papers, then a judge issued an order giving her title based on adverse possession or something like that.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My county uses this Elevate™ and it is sweet!!!

I have the bordering counties all use there own and I have those as well. Between those and google earth timeline I can usually get all the info I need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions