Easy GPS Location Saving For Android

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I was recently instructed to do some sample collecting from a few of my sites, making sure to gather and document the most accurate locations for each find as possible.
Here are parameters I am working within in regards to software.
1. I'm looking for FREE apps for the ANDROID os only...
although if you know of a paid app that offers a legit free trial that doesn't block the use of any features, I'd be interested in checking it out.
2. App needs to be 100% usable on a NON ROOTED device. (I break way too many devices to F--k off my warranty by rooting.)
3. I need to be able to accurately determine and save large numbers of locations, as well as label each location independently in one way or another.

***Those are the main requirements I need to meet. Below are additional features that would make things easier and more efficient for my project, but only if they are included on an app with the aforementioned requirements above.***

Allows for longer text when labeling, or preferably has the option to add detailed notations, in addition to, but separately from the labeling feature.
Can be used offline and is reliably accurate, and consistent whether online or offline.

That's basically what I would like recommendations on. If anyone has any info about this kind of stuff, I'd appreciate it very much. All information will be useful in one way or another, provided you aren't that one person who doesn't read my requirements before responding and proceeds to recommend an app that works great with handheld units using Microsoft/IOS software, as well as Android (but only works with ROOT.) Lmmfao. Don't be "That Guy."
Anyhow, I thank you all in advance and wish everyone happy hunting. Stay safe. J

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting quest. I've tried many GPS apps and deleted them all because the coord resolution was always too low and erratic to be useful beyond very broad terms of a location.

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol. I have actually tried to find apps in the past for a less important (personal) project where there was far less necessity for pinpoint accuracy and had astoundingly disappointing results across the board. Some would appear as though you were marking the location correctly, but would pull up random locations, some of which were many miles away and completely unknown to me. Other's seemed to work fine when testing at home and within
short-moderate distances of home, but the instant there was any sort of deviation in signal strength, I'd start experiencing issues with lag/freezing/force stopping that launched me to levels of frustration and
"f--king pissed the F--k off" that I cannot describe in words (probably because this level of emotion cannot be quantified merely with words? )
Anyhow, my point is that I've searched in the past for simplified versions of similar apps, with zero luck. What I'm hoping is that someone has developed one in the last few years that actually works on a consistent basis, and doesn't require a fee. I don't even care if there are annoying ass ad walls or whatever. I just need to perform a few specific tasks, over and over again, and preferably all in one place so I don't have to cross-reference between multiple data record sources.
Hopefully someone has needed to perform similar tasks and has a suggestion

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread