DIY bush hog

S

stefen

mellowcheddar said:
A chick with a metal detector and some plywood walks into a forest... ;D

A chick with a metal detector and some plywood walks into a forest...can you hear a moan?

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Just check your local hardware for a grass whip.I bought one this summer to clear weeds in front of my political signs.Cheap and works pretty good! DBULL

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little late here..... Toro has several battery powered weed whackers out that are 18V. Add the accessory head that holds the fat strings, and away you go with just a slight hum from the strings.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I have owned a WWII machete since around 1962 or so. A military store guy tells me it's probably worth over $100. He acted like he wanted to bawl when I told him we used it for trimming the banana plants. I have taken it all over the place. I have it in its Olive Green scabbard, and just put it in the back, the trunk if I have one.

Where I live here in Mexico, five year old kids carry machetes around. Also, women walking at night.

I have several really nice Collins machetes, including a really long cane cutter's machete from Vera Cruz. It is 27 inches without the five inch handle. Collins sold out some years ago, and it is now I think in Colombia. I use an old beat up one for cutting weeds, and tree branches because of all the rocks. My wife has a short one, suited to her size, and that's what she carries when she visits her friend at night.

Are you sure having a machete to cut weeds is a crime in your state? See http://www.ebladestore.com/knife-laws-50-states.shtml

Perhaps I need to check out the effective rules in Texas, where I live. Rules might have changed. Though there is a law which permits a firearm in your car when traveling, without a permit, and at least one judge has ruled going to the grocery store is traveling.

Reading through the material on knife laws, I just realized I may be committing a serious crime when I go to the school to vote, with my microscopic knife which is part of my finger trimming set on my key ring. It has a little screw driver and a nail filing blade as well. I got that years ago to avoid problems with knife laws, sigh! Leaving it in the car in the school parking lot may not be enough. My dau. and SIL are teachers. I will ask them.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big bottle of Round-up. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread