Just an idea.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about a detector that actually shows you whats in the ground. I mean a detector that shows you on the screen what the signal is while its still in the ground. I know detectors show what it could be but I think it would be alot easier if there was a detector that actually had the technology to show you a real picture of what the signal really is and not just a generic type of thing but a actual color photo of whatever the signal is. It would save alot of time. It's just an idea.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another idea I had was a detector with a Auto Reject feature that would automatically reject all trash targets.

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also had a idea for another detector feature called a Auto Locate feature. It would be like a better version of the Pinpoint features on most detectors .

S

stefen

Let me understand your idea...you want to design a detector with a Auto Reject feature that would automatically reject all trash targets.

This device would need to be set so that it is geared to find a specific item and that all other signals would be classified as debris or trash.

Therefore, if you set your unit for silver coins, and there was a CW Belt plate in the path of travel, it would be discriminated as junk, and would remain as undiscovered. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Go for the idea about a detector that actually shows you whats in the ground...now that's great insight :thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the Auto Reject feature wouldn't reject relics . The idea is for a feature that would reject the annoying trash items like Pulltabs, Pieces of aluminum etc . The detector using the Auto Reject and the other features would be able to determine all good targets from trash so it wouldn't reject any good targets.The only problem is I don't think the technology exists that would be needed to be able to put these features into production.

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
They do have those type of detectors. They are called GPR (ground penetrating radar). As for a metal detector doing that, well that would be alot harder because metal detectors work on with megnetic fields and many things will have the same kind of "signiture" as other items.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and a price tag of about 500 bucks! It'll never happen at least not in most of our life times. The necessary engineering just doesn't exist. Someone once posted he wanted one that would tell you the date on a coin! Monty

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just add these two accessories to your detector and your problems will be solved! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• brain.jpg
    brain.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 431
  • ear.jpg
    ear.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 427

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPR is a dig everything proposition. it don't need to be metalic. Monty

dirty_digger

Jan 8, 2010
Jacksonville, AR
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
They actually do have a detector kinda like the ones you are talking about. Its more of a 3D image of the ground ant the colors of the image refer to the materials I believe. You can google them. And even add one to your gear for the one time low price of $60k.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I am designing a detector with a 5' wide by 6'' deep loop that with analyze the ground down to 18'' and measure the atomic density of
objects and sound off like a telephone call when passing over targets containing 18K or better gold content. I will propel my invention
like the method used by lawnmowers and have 10'' tires. I shall call it "The Full Monty".

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am designing a detector with a 5' wide by 6'' deep loop that with analyze the ground down to 18'' and measure the atomic density of
objects and sound off like a telephone call when passing over targets containing 18K or better gold content. I will propel my invention
like the method used by lawnmowers and have 10'' tires. I shall call it "The Full Monty".

How you coming with that bio-conductive negative impulse relay?

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Actualy I haven't got a suitable lawnmower for the project, all the rest is ready to go, except for the cathode tubes.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
There was a movie where Arnold Swartzenagger walked thru a scanner and it showed their bones and their guns.
Must have been a density detector.

Grey

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I don't think a sonogram sounds like a telephone. It sounds more like G R R WUMP OW WOW, kind of creepy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions