Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and gals, I recently broke the plastic/nylon arm cuff on my Ace-250. Rather than bother Garrett with this, I thought that a drywall stilt leg cuff would do the trick. I went to my local drywall supply co. and bought one for 7 dollars and some change... call it 8 bucks. I drilled 2 holes through the rod and bottom nylon plate and VIOLA! its perfect.You may need to flex it inward a little more for forearm. Drill 2 holes in each side where the strap rides. Then use plumbers Mini saw to connect the 2 holes creating a slot. FILE edges and thread your velcro strap through. There you go for 8 bucks and this wont break.Mine was leaning against a tree and fell,slipped off falling to the ground and cracked off in the winter time.Of course I had to buy bolt and nut for it ...BUT I didnt have to wait for shipping and to be honest... the leg cuff padding is thicker than the ACE-250 replacement.Sorry but dont know how to U-TUBE.Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanx, Getty

OP
OP
Getty

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will post pics soon.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not just use duct tape :dontknow: Just make sure the you run a second strip, sticky side, to stocky side so you don't get stuck yourself :laughing7: Much cheaper than $8 too :thumbsup:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot us come pic's. I been repairing my cuff with fingernail acrylics kit. Stuff works great, but only lasts for so long, swingin.........

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rough up the area around the break with some 80 grit sand paper. Mix up some JB Weldand use that. You can build up the area of the break with anextra layer, or embed some pieces of paperclip across a crack. If your pad is rotted or coming off, check out your local dive shop. A lot of times they'll give you a scrap of wetsuit material. Use Locktite head liner adhesive to stick it. Will last at least three seasons.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions