Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Pirate Captain

Apr 2012
    Arrrrgh.
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Read around a bit...this seems the most appropriate place to discuss...

I hid stuff in the backyard as a child. Put a quarter into one of those plastic ring holder eggs that came out of kids vending machines. Made a map...tried to
    forget where it was...and a month later look for it. To this day...there is one still out there. I think I know roughly where too. Day dreaming about breaking codes to solve
    the mystery of the lost __________ was a favorite idle time activity then and apparently is now as well.

I am now building a website as a little fun diversion from the daily grind. I am a Art Director by trade...so it's not really
    too hard for me to whip up a site...it'll be 100% ready in about 2 and a half weeks or so. (I'm doing a very little bit here...there) Anyhoo, it'll be a puzzle, riddle, cipher, clue
    web site. Solve everything correctly (and fastest) and there will be a real treasure at the end.

Do you guys like mind games? (Games that one needs a mind to play?) I've had a ton of fun making up the puzzles. I mean a ton of fun...if nobody shows up to
    play my site...it was still time better spent than watching reruns of a cheesy sitcom.

But I do want people to play. I'm not charging a penny for anyone to do so. Is it spammy to give a link to the site here?

You guys tell me.

Thanks.
    Last edited by John Silvered; May 24, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

May 2012
    3 times
    Sounds interesting. I'll take a peek. If would rather PM me the link that would be fine.

Glenn

us
    Pirate Captain

Apr 2012
    Arrrrgh.
    5 times
    I'll just put up a link...I choose the least visited part of the site...if I was a hardcore spammer I'm not very good at it.

Treasure Riddle Puzzle Cipher Mystery Challenge

Send a e-mail to me through the link on the front page. I only use this to tell people exactly when launch date is.
    You are not going to see a sudden influx of p3n1s cream e-mails or whatnot. ;P

us
    May 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Bounty Hunter
    29 times
    I love puzzles and mind games. One of my other hobbies (which is still kind of treasure hunting related) is geocaching. Many of the caches can only be found if you figure out all the clues. I'll definately check out your site.

us
    Pirate Captain

Apr 2012
    Arrrrgh.
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerStalker View Post
    I love puzzles and mind games. One of my other hobbies (which is still kind of treasure hunting related) is geocaching. Many of the caches can only be found if you figure out all the clues. I'll definately check out your site.
    Cool. I did geocaching too. First few were absolutely GREAT fun. 3rd one was planted right in the middle of a large swath of poison ivy. UGGHH! That was not a fun 2 weeks afterwards.

us
    May 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Bounty Hunter
    29 times
    Yeah, I've gotten more than my fair share of poison ivy over the years while out looking for stuff.

us
    Pirate Captain

Apr 2012
    Arrrrgh.
    5 times
    Yeah...kinda would be nice if people considered such things when hiding these geocaches...

Anyhoot,

Decided to launch the site on 6.18.12 fyi...
    My free puzzle/riddle/code website IS ALIVE! http://www.treasuredhunt.com

us
    May 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Bounty Hunter
    29 times
    Looking forward to it.

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    I will def check it out. I like the, "What is it?" section of this site and loved The 11th Hour computer game, so it sounds like a lot of fun for me.
    I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it ~ Will Rogers

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors