Read around a bit...this seems the most appropriate place to discuss...

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hid stuff in the backyard as a child. Put a quarter into one of those plastic ring holder eggs that came out of kids vending machines. Made a map...tried to
forget where it was...and a month later look for it. To this day...there is one still out there. I think I know roughly where too. Day dreaming about breaking codes to solve
the mystery of the lost __________ was a favorite idle time activity then and apparently is now as well.

I am now building a website as a little fun diversion from the daily grind. I am a Art Director by trade...so it's not really
too hard for me to whip up a site...it'll be 100% ready in about 2 and a half weeks or so. (I'm doing a very little bit here...there) Anyhoo, it'll be a puzzle, riddle, cipher, clue
web site. Solve everything correctly (and fastest) and there will be a real treasure at the end.

Do you guys like mind games? (Games that one needs a mind to play?) I've had a ton of fun making up the puzzles. I mean a ton of fun...if nobody shows up to
play my site...it was still time better spent than watching reruns of a cheesy sitcom.

But I do want people to play. I'm not charging a penny for anyone to do so. Is it spammy to give a link to the site here?

You guys tell me.

Thanks.

Last edited:

glenn63

May 3, 2012
Sounds interesting. I'll take a peek. If would rather PM me the link that would be fine.

Glenn

OP
OP
J

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll just put up a link...I choose the least visited part of the site...if I was a hardcore spammer I'm not very good at it.

Treasure Riddle Puzzle Cipher Mystery Challenge

Send a e-mail to me through the link on the front page. I only use this to tell people exactly when launch date is.
You are not going to see a sudden influx of p3n1s cream e-mails or whatnot. ;P

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love puzzles and mind games. One of my other hobbies (which is still kind of treasure hunting related) is geocaching. Many of the caches can only be found if you figure out all the clues. I'll definately check out your site.

OP
OP
J

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love puzzles and mind games. One of my other hobbies (which is still kind of treasure hunting related) is geocaching. Many of the caches can only be found if you figure out all the clues. I'll definately check out your site.

Cool. I did geocaching too. First few were absolutely GREAT fun. 3rd one was planted right in the middle of a large swath of poison ivy. UGGHH! That was not a fun 2 weeks afterwards.

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've gotten more than my fair share of poison ivy over the years while out looking for stuff.

OP
OP
J

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...kinda would be nice if people considered such things when hiding these geocaches...

Anyhoot,

Decided to launch the site on 6.18.12 fyi...

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will def check it out. I like the, "What is it?" section of this site and loved The 11th Hour computer game, so it sounds like a lot of fun for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions