Last edited:

JSpinner

Feb 16, 2013
Northwest - Idaho
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely have a fetish for boxes and wooden trunks. I don't really know why, but I just love 'em. You really have a skill, there. That chest is awesome! So, about how much time do you put into one like that? Do you have plans you follow or just make it up as you go along? Do you build any trays to fit inside too? Really fine work. Love it.
Prosper in 2013 - JSpinner

OP
OP
L

larrymaxie

Greenie
Mar 11, 2012
Wetumpka Al.
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT @ Fisher Impulse
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks . A friend of mine had a cedar tree ruff cut for me into one inch planks. This trunk took me about two weeks. About 4 to 5 hours a day. Only one of its kind. And i have no plans on this. I make as i go. I have made several since then. About a foot long . With a tray and felt lined. Its a hobby , I love woodworking as well. Thanks for your interest. I have made all types .With no plans. Love it. Larry

OP
OP
L

larrymaxie

Greenie
Mar 11, 2012
Wetumpka Al.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I absolutely have a fetish for boxes and wooden trunks. I don't really know why, but I just love 'em. You really have a skill, there. That chest is awesome! So, about how much time do you put into one like that? Do you have plans you follow or just make it up as you go along? Do you build any trays to fit inside too? Really fine work. Love it.
Prosper in 2013 - JSpinner

THANKS jspinner this was built out of ruff cut cedar . A friend had it cut and gave it to me. And no plans to work with. I just look at chest i have found pictures on. and designed my own. This is one of a kind here.Its very heavy. I have also made several small like this about a foot long . with a tray and felt lined.I will post them on this site as well ok. I have also made lots of other designes . ItS a hobby i love just building them. Larry Maxie

OP
OP
L

larrymaxie

Greenie
Mar 11, 2012
Wetumpka Al.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
THANKS jspinner this was built out of ruff cut cedar . A friend had it cut and gave it to me. And no plans to work with. I just look at chest i have found pictures on. and designed my own. This is one of a kind here.Its very heavy. I have also made several small like this about a foot long . with a tray and felt lined.I will post them on this site as well ok. I have also made lots of other designes . ItS a hobby i love just building them. Larry Maxie
also this took me about two weeks working 4 to 5 hours a day. And four days finishing with a tung oil finsh.

justdugcrazy

Aug 6, 2013
Wow and I mean WOW you have a gift my friend.this sounds weird but your chests are beautiful. :-)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow thats cool now I just need something worth putting in it lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread